in need of help for first water cooling setup

aameghoo

ok im currently air cooling my Phenom II X4 955 with a Tuniq CR-T120-EX-SV but it's limiting my OC as I can't make it over 3.7ghz without going past the 55C mark so I have been considering switching over to water cooling, I was thinking about going with the H70 but im not too liking the thought of not being able to modify it in the future and making it more efficient, I would more love to build a WC system in around the $150 range to cool only my cpu, I don't have much intention on cooling anything else in the future as I currently have a 6950 and plan on getting another in a couple months for crossfire so cooling both cards would be way too expensive for me plus I don't care much about noise mostly just keeping my cpu as cool as possible, I've never had any experience with WC so any help would be much appreciated

l few of my friends have the corsair hydro coolers and they are happy with them. They have the older H50 but they work good for a all in one closed loop system.

If your going to part out a system just for a cpu cooler. Your not gona be under the $150 range. So for your price range l would go with it.

@Bigball1- I've read some really good reviews on them but I just hate the thought of purchasing it and finding myself wanting more out of it without having any ways of improving it

@Water_Hazard- that's pretty much exactly what i'm looking for, i'm so tempted to just order it right now, do you have any idea on it's performance and reliability especially in comparison to the H70?

@Bigball1- I've read some really good reviews on them but I just hate the thought of purchasing it and finding myself wanting more out of it without having any ways of improving it

@Water_Hazard- that's pretty much exactly what i'm looking for, i'm so tempted to just order it right now, do you have any idea on it's performance and reliability especially in comparison to the H70?

I totally forgot about that kit.

I would go with the kit as if you ever think about adding on you already have some gear to add to. The H70 is a stand alone unit and can not be added to. Also if anything breaks in the H70 the whole unit is toast.

I dont have any experience with that kit personally, but my brother has that same pump/res combo and has been running it for almost a year and a half. I have also use tons of XSPC gear and it has always been top notch stuff. I would expect it to perform a good bit better than the H70 and it gives you every opportunity for expansion.

aameg, with the H70 you get a 120mm rad, with that kit you are moving up to a 240mm rad, so when it comes to performance you will see an temp drop with a radiator that is twice the size! Water suggested a great kit, and although I have no persoanl exp with it either, XSPC makes quality water cooling parts, and you will be happy! The 240mm rad should be plenty for your AMD to hit clocks over 4.0GHz. Were are you wanting to be with your OC?

ok so I just ordered the XSPC kit after all the replies, it had just seemed like too much of a good deal for the price at first lol so I just wanted to make sure, thanks everyone I really appreciate the help.

@speedwaynative- As far as the OC goes I would love to push it as far as it can possibly go