1155 MB selections

Lets decide on a mobo for me. I have 8 GB of Corsair VEngeance RAM(1600 1.5v), and an F120 corsair SSD. I'll be picking up a 2500K in the near future, so I just need to pick a board.

I've been looking at the Asus p8p67 deluxe http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=FpufhQASBFHNvccl

The Sabertooth p67 http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=ZYgjt71bzlh62Zk9

And Asus p8p67 Pro http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=HMMvTCuBcZLfu2YL

Hrmm, guess it's all Asus lol.

I'm looking for good OC ability and gaming, and the deluxe is tempting cause I'd use the 3rd pci slot for a physX card.

Am I missing any boards from MSI, Gigabyte, EVGA (WRU? :( )

Should I wait a few weeks for z68?

Any input would be great.

MAX budget for mobo is $250 USD

All three of those are excellent boards depending on the feature set you want/need.

The Pro board seems to perform exceptionally well for some reason. However, going back through previous Asus MB purchases I've always had great luck with the Deluxe versions.

MSI and Gigabyte boards have a loyal following too though - and MSI in particular has made some pretty significant strides in their enthusiast/gamer/performance oriented boards.

I'd avoid an MSI board though just based on their lousy user forum. It used to be pretty great, but anymore if you have a problem there is so much blame shifting and finger pointing it's ridiculous. Anytime

you bring up an issue that might even hint that there is a problem with one of their boards or it's performance they immediately go on the defensive.

Edited by wevsspot

i agree with wevsspot, those are all great boards depending on what you are looking for! I too have been very satisfied with the deluxe versions of the asus line. On the other hand, I have an MSI board that has treated me very well, and even allowed me to do quite well with overclocking! :)

i have been looking at some reviews of the sabertooth boards and people have been surprised with that TUF armor design. I hear it actually does benefit the system temps. If i were you I would go for that one, also because the components are supposed to be really high quality! But then again, what do I know lol. I just wish the 1155 boards had more PCI lane, ie full x16 dual GPU support!

Happy Hunting! :thumbsup:

I just wish the 1155 boards had more PCI lane, ie full x16 dual GPU support!

That bothers me as well. I see the SLI scaling in the p67 round up we had looks good, but how much would I be losing going x8,x8? Will z68 offer full x16 dual GPU lanes?

The general consensus and extensive testing seems to indicate that with most modern video cards there isn't much of a penalty by going with 2 x8 lanes versus 2 x16 lanes. But to me it just seems to be a step backwards. Eventually GPUs WILL be able to saturate the twin x8 pcie lanes and even twin x16 pcie lanes as we move forward. In fact I wouldn't doubt that the very latest high end releases from nVidia and ATi if put in multi-gpu setups could saturate twin x8 lanes. I don't have the budget to test that, but it seems like a reasonable assumption to me.

I don't see z68 offering dual x16 lanes. The prime selling point of the z68 will be that it is an enthusiast class processor that also has built in vga (which to me seems to contradict itself - because won't enthusiasts always go with a dedicated gpu solution anyway?) Seems counter-intuitive..................

Of course Intel may spring some other neat technology on us with the z68 chipset. Only time will tell.