Socket 1155 Mini-ITX boards with P67 chipset

I'm looking to put together a little cube capable of some serious tessellations...

I've had a quick look for 1155 miniITX board but want to overclock it and make the most of the sandybridge, problem is i cant find a P67 board and as i understand it there aren't any P67 boards available and H67 boards don't facilitate an overclock....

can anyone correct me or does anyone know when any 1155 P67 Mini ITX boards will be at my disposal?

Cools...

I'm doing something similar myself - also pining for a P67 ITX. Unfortunately I can't correct you - there are no P67s and they do seem lost for the foreseeable future. From the speculation I've seen around, the Intel SATA bug from earlier this year has taken its toll on production, especially considering it happened right between the H67 ITX launches and the P67 ITX launches that seemed all set for Feb. They might skip P67 altogether in favour of the next Cougar Point chipset - Z68 (which supports both on-die graphics and overclocking) - considering it might be scheduled for shipping in early April.

Edited by tjbp

Why don't you just go for a MicroATX instead? They're not much bigger.

It seems that TigerDirect has the cheapest mATX motherboard. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=40972&CatId=6978

It's a consideration, but bare in mind that they're comparatively bigger than they seem. You're talking ~149cm² between ATX and mATX, but a further ~306cm² is lost from mATX to mITX. A cube case for mATX just isn't small enough to warrant the shape - I'd rather get an ATX tower.

I'm doing something similar myself - also pining for a P67 ITX. Unfortunately I can't correct you - there are no P67s and they do seem lost for the foreseeable future. From the speculation I've seen around, the Intel SATA bug from earlier this year has taken its toll on production, especially considering it happened right between the H67 ITX launches and the P67 ITX launches that seemed all set for Feb. They might skip P67 altogether in favour of the next Cougar Point chipset - Z68 (which supports both on-die graphics and overclocking) - considering it might be scheduled for shipping in early April.

we can live in hope i guess...!...lol

It's a consideration, but bare in mind that they're comparatively bigger than they seem. You're talking ~149cm² between ATX and mATX, but a further ~306cm² is lost from mATX to mITX. A cube case for mATX just isn't small enough to warrant the shape - I'd rather get an ATX tower.

Have you looked at the Armor A30 not as small as some but will allow a full size video card.

Have you looked at the Armor A30 not as small as some but will allow a full size video card.

I haven't - but actually some of the mITX cases support a full-size video card. I've bought a Silverstone SG07 for the purpose - which is around 15 litres in volume, and can take a graphics card of up to 11 inches in length. The Armor A30 is about 35 litres in size...

• 2 weeks later...

I have been asking about this same thing. Will be building a new Mini-ITX PC soon. I was told to hold out for Z68 instead because a lot of manufacturers aren't planning on making the P67 boards... or so I've heard.

Check out my thread on a new m-itx case coming out soon. http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=183587

• 2 weeks later...

it seems that gigabyte is going to produce itx board based from two intel consumer chipset, H67 and P67

take a look at this

That report is from mid January and is a little outdated. ;) See the second post in this topic for the reasons.

Since I wrote that post it also now seems the consensus is that P67 ITX boards won't ever arrive (in anticipation of Z68).