Fair Tax Act of 2011

flareback

26 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the repeal of income tax, payroll taxes and gift and estate taxes in favor of a national sales tax?

• yes
    • no
    • Repeal some but not all of them.
    • I do not care
  2. 2. What should a national sales tax rate be (realistically)

• 5%
    • 7.5%
    • 10%
    • 12.5%
    • 15%
    • 20%
    • 22.5%
    • 25%
    • 27.5%
    • 30%
    • I do not think we should have a national sales tax

I'm not so sure that the purchase of new goods would decline all that much, anyway. But even if it did, the money wouldn't be taken out of the business sector so much as it would be invested in a different area of the business sector. Businesses specializing in refurbishing/remanufacuturing and retailing second-hand goods would flourish.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't work the USA meddles in other countries affairs in order to keep the world at peace which is good for the stability of the country and the economy and the citizens.

Otherwise just think what would of happened in WW2 if we let Germany take Europe and Japan run through Asian it would have only been a matter of time before they came over hear.

The pretenses for involvement in the first and second world wars are completely different than they are today, as is the reasoning that our leadership uses to justify our conflicts in the last thirty years.

The US has left a string of puppet governments around the globe - leadership in the hands of juntas, colonels, disguised dictatorships, monarchies etc. We leave a path of destruction because we promote those

leaders and prop up their governments as long as they agree with our agenda and are willing to accept our "foreign aid". However, the citizens of those countries are beginning to recognize that when

America comes calling - we aren't always bearing gold, silver and coin.

You can't count on less than one hand the number of leaders in foreign countries that were supported by the US at one time or another, only to find out that the devil is in the details. The last great

accomplishment of the United States? The fall of the Berlin Wall. Thank you President Reagan!

And just to make sure - I'm not disrespecting any of our military men, or women, regardless of position or rank - as I'm a veteran too. What I'm dissing here is our foreign policies in the last three decades.

Edited by wevsspot