First OC build - First OC

Griever2003

So this is my first high-end build, i normally work with a $600-800 budget. But this is the first computer i am building for myself in like 7-10 years. And i am getting back from a deployment, and this is a present to myself. So i figure go big or go home. Here are the pieces that i am working with. i am curious as to what you all think i can get on the theoretically high end and where i should be looking to go to for a stable level. i am very green when it comes to over clocking, so i don't even know where to set a goal... i am glad to hear that acpowell is having a lot more success with his build. with no further ado here is the list.

CASE NZXT Guardian 921

PSU CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU-850HX 850W ATX

RAM CORSAIR DOMINATOR 8GB DDR3 1600

CPU AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition

MOBO GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 AM3

SSD Crucial C300 128GB 2.5" SSD SATA3

COOL Corsair Hydro Series H70

GPU XFX HD-687A-ZDBC Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5

any advice, comments, and what not are welcome. thanks

**EDIT1 : i decided to number my edits because there will probably be a few of them. I was looking at the specs of my gear again, and i realize i made a terrible mistake. The GPU i got was an SLI and i have a crossfire board. and that was kinda the reason i got the 850hx because i wanted to later on down the road maybe get a second GPU to crossfire with... but i am dumb and wasnt paying attention i guess. so now i am going to get something else... just dont know what yet.

**EDIT2 : So i decided to with the XFX 6870 card that has the dual cooling fans on it. looks sexy!

Edited by Griever2003

really i thought about doing a custom liquid job, but i was already over my budget. Another deciding factor from me on that was that if i was going to get a DIY kit, i would rather want to build it myself as well and liquid cool everything. I decided to go the cheaper (my wife still doesn't know how much i spent on this mother) and more simple route.