New To Overclocking looking for tips

Ok so bios is showing the right temps. It sounds like the bios is blocking the programs from getting the sensors readings. Have you got the latest version of your board's bios?

umm probably not i havnt updated them since i got the board.. good thought.. ill check the site

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so bios is showing the right temps. It sounds like the bios is blocking the programs from getting the sensors readings. Have you got the latest version of your board's bios?

Well there is an update but its only 32 bit as of right now.... guess ill have to wait...

umm probably not i havnt updated them since i got the board.. good thought.. ill check the site

Just asking because depending on the revision of your board (3.0, 2.1 or 2.0) you may need to update your bios to F6 in order to have full support for your CPU.

If you have revision 3.0 then there is no need to bios flash (nothing to flash to actually) and it should support your CPU fine but if you have the lower revisions you will need to update.

Yeah all those are not 64 bit compatable unfortunately.... strange cause when i had my phenom 2 X4 945 i could read the temps fine

I am slightly confused as to why you need 64 bit compatible bios. You trying to flash from OS? I am pretty sure your bios doesn't care whether it is in 64 bit or 32 bit that is more of an OS thing.

EDIT: Anyway mate I gtg :sleep: for now. Hope you work it out :)

Edited by Alexandre

I am slightly confused as to why you need 64 bit compatible bios. You trying to flash from OS? I am pretty sure your bios doesn't care whether it is in 64 bit or 32 bit that is more of an OS thing.

yeah it flashes from the OS i download 3 files one is an auto exec that opens up a dos window another is a file that has a blank icon with the bios update name under it and the last is one thats labeled FLASHFPI the auto exec and FlashFPI tell me i need to get the 64 bit software cause its not compatable not sure with the file with the blank page icon is.... :dunno:

EDIT: Anyway mate I gtg :sleep: for now. Hope you work it out :)

Scratch that i figured it out ... used @BIOS from Gigabyte it downloaded it auto from thier servers and wrote/ flashed the new bios .... handy little program ... now to see if my temps show....AAAND IT WORKS!!! :woo: sitting at a cool 33 degrees celcius :snap: Thanks for all your help :thx:

Edited by Saltcracker

Hey thats great. Now you can actually see the load temps. thumbsup3.gif

Glad things are working out for you.

Oh and BTW: here is my tip to you... see sig. evilgrin.gif

Yup im glad i got that working ... thanks :-D

reading that post and figuring out my temps ive increased my 3D Mark 11 Score by almost 900 up from 4100 to 4975 :cheers: