Simple PCI Communication Controller...huh?

momosmokey

I keep on getting a install wizard popup every time I reboot the computer. The wizards requests drivers for a Simple PCI Communication Controller, I don't know what it wants. I even disabled the hardware, no change to my system performance, yet it still wants this driver. I've tried using my MOBO CD to see if I just forgot to install something, it couldn't find anything on the disc to do with this mysterious hardware. Any ideas?

Do you have a dial up modem installed in the computer?

No, I'm using the gigabit LAN on my motherboard supplied my Realtek. I remember reading that a PCI dial up modem was one of the reasons for this driver to pop up, but I don't have anything installed besides what's indicated in my signature.

Edited by xxmastermushxx

Identify the hardware with this solution, then download the drivers manually:

http://social.micros...55-2dd1cb56e151

Very helpful, one problem.

I followed what you said and got this: LINK. I then proceeded to follow your advice, I went to MSI and typed in my motherboard (H55-GD65) and it came up the the Intel Management Engine Interface Driver (LINK). Perfect, I thought...wrong, supports Windows Vista and Windows 7 only. I'm currently using Windows XP 32, I'm planning on updating relatively soon, but...really MSI? Guess I'm out of luck, I don't suppose I should try those drivers until I have Windows 7?

Thanks anyways, it will be solved when I get Windows 7. :D

Edited by xxmastermushxx