gaming mouse

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which mouse?

• Logitech G500
    • CM Storm Sentinel Advance
    • Mionix Naos 5000
    • Other (specify in post)

Okay so I've put together the votes cast across a few sites and here are the final standings:

g500 8

cm 2

mionix 5

other 8

As there was no unity in the other (highest vote was 2 for the roccat kone[+]) it looks as though the G500 will be my next mousing implement. Thanks to all that voted/suggested mice. :thx:

Just wanted to add my two cents even though you probably already made the choice.

I have the Naos 3200, the little brother of the 5000, and it's by far the most comfortable mouse I've ever used. I had been using a logitech MX518 for about 5 years prior. Every mouse I tried out (including the G500) failed to compare in comfort. It feels perfectly natural. I have a pinch-grip and it TOTALLY relaxed my hand. I spent 3 hours with it the night after I got it, and never had a cramp or any sort of discomfort. With the MX518 I would have discomfort after 1.5-2 hours.

The 5000 has a ridiculous amount of features for the price... it's seriously unbelievable. The only reason I didn't buy it was the price. I got the 3200 and slapped some scotch tape on the sensor to lower the lift-off distance (the 5000 has adjustable lift-off distance though).

I agree with hierovision, I have decently sized hands with long nimble fingers, and larger mice fit a lot better. The Logitech G5 and G500 aren't that comfortable for bigger hands (my thumb is less relaxed). My favorite hand-fitting mouse used to be the Logitech Dual Optical mouse. If only they made custom fitted mice.

I did in fact order the g500 so it should be coming at some point in the near future. I'll let you know how it fits my hands (which are moderately sized, with sausage fingers - nothing too nimble about them :biggrin: ) once it shows up and I convince myself to put off working once more.