Safe temps for E8400

iskout

I've heard temp ranges from >80c to >100c

I know TjMax on E8xxx chips is like 100c, which I don't intend to go near, but I'm at about 56c load (which is still fairly cool), and I was wondering what temperature you guys think I should start stepping off at?

Edited by iskout

well, I'm WC'd right now, so I'm not concerned, I was just curious. I'm having a hard time keeping it stable, really. I walked away from my computer for 20 minutes after an hour of Prime95 running, only to find out it had restarted. Not sure at all why it restarted, since I wasn't there, but I'm going to redo Prime95.

well, I'm WC'd right now, so I'm not concerned, I was just curious. I'm having a hard time keeping it stable, really. I walked away from my computer for 20 minutes after an hour of Prime95 running, only to find out it had restarted. Not sure at all why it restarted, since I wasn't there, but I'm going to redo Prime95.

If you are getting 72 degrees C at stock then you have a problem with your cooling.

Instability is just as likely from incorrect voltages.

Edited by dihartnell

If you are getting 72c (centigrade or Farenheight) at stock then you have a problem with your cooling.

Instability is just as likely from incorrect voltages.

that was after 2 hours of P95 it would hit at about 72-73C

right now, I'm running at a pretty high voltage (1.3425, iirc?)

It's been 1/2 an hour of P95 and nothing so far-- everything going fine.

that was after 2 hours of P95 it would hit at about 72-73C

right now, I'm running at a pretty high voltage (1.3425, iirc?)

It's been 1/2 an hour of P95 and nothing so far-- everything going fine.

Still seems very high for water cooling. Im no expert on that but there are lots of people here with complex water cooling rigs so they may be able to help. most likely cause I can think of is the fan arrangement on the radiator and case.

With that voltage it should be in the low to mid 50's at full load in P95. Have you got a lot of other voltages on Auto?

Still seems very high for water cooling. Im no expert on that but there are lots of people here with complex water cooling rigs so they may be able to help. most likely cause I can think of is the fan arrangement on the radiator and case.

With that voltage it should be in the low to mid 50's at full load in P95. Have you got a lot of other voltages on Auto?

No, I bumped my FSB from 1.3 to 1.4, and my memory is at 2.1.

I failed P95 with FSB 1.3.

Everything else is at auto, iirc. (I did that a few hours ago lol)

Also, my temp seems to vary between 52-56C every so often with P95 running. It'll stay at 52C for a while, but suddenly jump to 56C for about 2 minutes, then drop back down.

Edit: I should point out that I have to use my HW monitor motherboard sensor, since my CPU temp sensor doesn't detect anything under 42C ever.

Edited by iskout