Top X4 955 overclocks on stock fan?

OCFreak

Who has the top OC for stock fan on a 955? I picked one up yesterday to use in my video editing machine, and I am running it at 4.008GHz @ 1.425V. So far I have been running Prime95 for the last 30mins and temps are running around 58 degrees. This is in an Antec 300 with the two 120mm fans running on medium speed.

I had always heard that many people were not getting 4GHz out of this processor without water or a better air setup. Perhaps I got lucky with a stable chip?

What other stress tests can I run to ensure that what I have is stable?

1568183.png

Who has the top OC for stock fan on a 955? I picked one up yesterday to use in my video editing machine, and I am running it at 4.008GHz @ 1.425V. So far I have been running Prime95 for the last 30mins and temps are running around 58 degrees. This is in an Antec 300 with the two 120mm fans running on medium speed.

I had always heard that many people were not getting 4GHz out of this processor without water or a better air setup. Perhaps I got lucky with a stable chip?

What other stress tests can I run to ensure that what I have is stable?

1568183.png

Did you just raised the multi on the CPU and its still running at 200FSB?

Can run OCCT. As this is linpack driven it will produce considerably higher temps than prime95. Suggest you watch very carefully and bail at 60c.

Yes, just a raised multiplier. Memory and NB are running at stock speeds. I will give OCCT a go, and see what I get. I have a Noctua NH-D14 cooler coming next week as well, which will certainly help with temps.

Yes, just a raised multiplier. Memory and NB are running at stock speeds. I will give OCCT a go, and see what I get. I have a Noctua NH-D14 cooler coming next week as well, which will certainly help with temps.

I have a D14 as well. Temps will be less the problem and Voltage limits (1.55v) will be.

That is my concern, but so far it is stable, 4 hours in Prime95. I am going to do a 6hr test in it, then head to OCCT. I am running it at 1.425v currently, but I have a feeling that I am going to have to pump it up a bit. I am aiming for 4.1GHz ... we shall see!

They also changed the stock fans as well, so you may have the older version. I am actually quite impressed with the fan and HS setup that it comes with, it's just loud as heck when controlled manually appropriately.

They also changed the stock fans as well, so you may have the older version. I am actually quite impressed with the fan and HS setup that it comes with, it's just loud as heck when controlled manually appropriately.

You should SuperPI that and submit to the fastest overclocks thread, especially after the D14 gets in.