I know that 1366 procs run hot, but seriously?

Thats not my point...... he'll continue to get high temps with that stock cooler since, as he said the 800D is stock. Meaning there are no top mounted fans at all! The heat can't escape properly from the system. I referred him to my thread so he can see the configuration that would help the situation. So yeah check the thread.

I plan on mounting fans into the top grate, but it will probably have to wait until the end of january, for paycheck reasons. Thanks for the recommendations!

The question I have not seen asked is what cooler are you using? If it is the stock cooler then yes you probably are right on the money temperature wise.

I don't think so, Intel procs are hot, but they haven't run at 100C load since the Pentium 4.

I don't think so, Intel procs are hot, but they haven't run at 100C load since the Pentium 4.

So, I installed my Noctua NH-D14 today...

new temps after a little over an hour of prime95 burn in. I actually have to turn my AC on now since my CPU is no longer a space heater.

I am going to overclock a little bit tomorrow (maybe to ~3.5), I need to fix my air flow before I can really push it, I plan on using two Slipstream Kaze Maru 2s for intake and three S-Flex SFF21Fs for exhaust.

By the by, My temps went down a degree while I was typing this post. Love this thing.

post-74423-12941111182076_thumb.png

Edited by alexonfyre

So, I installed my Noctua NH-D14 today...

new temps after a little over an hour of prime95 burn in. I actually have to turn my AC on now since my CPU is no longer a space heater.

I am going to overclock a little bit tomorrow (maybe to ~3.5), I need to fix my air flow before I can really push it, I plan on using two Slipstream Kaze Maru 2s for intake and three S-Flex SFF21Fs for exhaust.

By the by, My temps went down a degree while I was typing this post. Love this thing.

In a case with poor airflow then yes they can with a load like prime 95 or LinX. I can hit 83C with a stock cooler in a well ventilated case running prime 95. Glad a new cooler helped you out! Sorry you dont believe what I have to say but I think I have a unique perspective on the issue!

In a case with poor airflow then yes they can with a load like prime 95 or LinX. I can hit 83C with a stock cooler in a well ventilated case running prime 95. Glad a new cooler helped you out! Sorry you dont believe what I have to say but I think I have a unique perspective on the issue!

Well, It was only that you were one against many, and my ambients were below 20C. You have to admit that 17C is a huge delta to be entirely caused by poor air flow, if my temps were closer to 88-90, I wouldn't have objected. Additionally, I found it hard to believe that Intel would release a proc that would operate at Tmax under average conditions (my airflow isn't great, but it isn't terrible either). Finally, when I removed the stock cooler I found that one of the pins was only half deployed, so I believe the problem really was the poor seating of the cooler.

I still appreciated your input though!

Well, It was only that you were one against many, and my ambients were below 20C. You have to admit that 17C is a huge delta to be entirely caused by poor air flow, if my temps were closer to 88-90, I wouldn't have objected. Additionally, I found it hard to believe that Intel would release a proc that would operate at Tmax under average conditions (my airflow isn't great, but it isn't terrible either). Finally, when I removed the stock cooler I found that one of the pins was only half deployed, so I believe the problem really was the poor seating of the cooler.

I still appreciated your input though!

Actually i have to agree with Frank sorry but if you read my thread it's all the proof you need. Airflow made a huge difference in my temps so it's completely believable.

Actually i have to agree with Frank sorry but if you read my thread it's all the proof you need. Airflow made a huge difference in my temps so it's completely believable.

I did read your thread, my temps were worse than yours before, and better after I installed the new heatsink, with no modification to my airflow.

I did read your thread, my temps were worse than yours before, and better after I installed the new heatsink, with no modification to my airflow.

But! if you did not install your D14 and setup all the fans for the case it would have dropped an insane amount as well.

But! if you did not install your D14 and setup all the fans for the case it would have dropped an insane amount as well.

I agree, but unless you are suggesting that the incorrectly mounted heatsink did not reduce my cooling efficiency, then I think my temperatures were out of line. The heating problems were my fault here, not the chip's. No chip should reach Tmax at stock under any load. Also, those temps were with the side panel off, for what it's worth.