new watercooling setup.

Pitbull3

apogee xt

and then ek blocks for the chipset/mosfet/pwm

motherboard is an asus maximus formula x38

i'm using a swiftech 220 stackable rad.

i haven't checked the flow rating. i honestly have been wondering whether or not my pump is broken. i bought it used and it never pumped well. water is literally almost stagnant. i think i'm moving more water from convection than the pump lol. the pump is definitely vibrating though. possibly the propeller is broken but the shaft is still spinning?

I know with my D5, the water moving is very noticeable thru the tubes, and especially just looking at res! I know the pump does come in 2 different versions, one having an adjustable speed setting! Do you know which version you have? But, even with chipset blocks, I would think that pump would still do just fine and you shld be able to see the water moving in you loop.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know with my D5, the water moving is very noticeable thru the tubes, and especially just looking at res! I know the pump does come in 2 different versions, one having an adjustable speed setting! Do you know which version you have? But, even with chipset blocks, I would think that pump would still do just fine and you shld be able to see the water moving in you loop.

I agree. It's a pretty powerful pump, from what I've heard, and mine moves my water without even trying.

Also, Battery, Do you have the speed controller, or the standard pump? You might want to check what speed you're at, if so.

Just a Quick question. Where do you intend on putting the Reservoir at? Looking at the one you originally posted it looks like the only place its going is on the desk next to the case or mounted to the back of the case. just curious.

its the non-variable speed pump which i believe is the same as the variable speed pump with a setting of 4. i think i'm gonna pull it out, buy a new one and do the ole switch-a-roo at microcenter.

well the origional thought was back of case, but im gunna go with a smaller res so itll be mounted inside under the radiator.

next question.. EK High Flow Fittings, or Bitspower? or does it even make a difference?

and another question, thermochill , black ice... whats just the straight hands down BEST 3x 120MM Radiator?

Edited by Pitbull3

Alrighty Ordered these parts.

Swiftech MCP655 12 VDC Pump

EK-MultiOption RES X2 - 250 Advanced - Liquid Cooling Reservoir (8 Total Ports)

Swiftech Apogee XT (1/2" Barbs)

Thermochill TA120.3 High Performance Radiator - 15mm

10FT of = Tygon R3603 1/2in. ID 3/4in. OD Laboratory Tubing # AAC00038

Total Price, 397.74.

Good thing I have just sold these items :D = $175 - i7-920, $130 - XFX 260, 216 Maxcore, 2x Seagate 7200 (320 GB) - $25 ea, $40 - BFG 8800 GT 512MB, $50 - Corsair H50 (after my new setup comes in the guy already gave me the cash for it), $55 Prolimatech Megahalemis air cooler.

Edited by Pitbull3

push - pull with everything pushing outside air into the case

any1 wanna buy an XFX 260, 216.. for $130, I have 2 (one on ebay) one avaliable to be sold here... can't go on marketplace cause I haven't been here 90 days :*(

Edited by Pitbull3

• 2 weeks later...

finished.

th_006-4.jpg

th_011-1.jpg

th_013-2.jpg

th_010-2.jpg

Me like. Looks good to me from here. If your into modding get you some .025 or .030ish steel or aluminum. Cut out some holes to mount to the back fan, then if your really crafty you can make the cradle to it and still be able to have your rear exhaust fan and the res where it is.