NOTION INK "ADAM"- The iPAD Killer!

MINDSCI

Fortunately for 99% of the population, that's all they want to do. They do serious work/play on their primary machines and then do everything else on the tablet.

I have three computers in my home. A desktop for heavy duty work, playing games and storing all of my media. Then I have a mini PC that serves HTPC duties and streams from the first computer. Then I have my laptop that I primarily use at school and almost never at home. Then I have my iPad. I can use it to browse the internet, check email, update Twitter, and play games while walking around the apartment or lounging on the couch while watching something on TV. I love having a tablet in bed, where I can do my casual reading, or even stream movies/TV shows from my media collection. It's much more convenient than having a laptop in bed due to its significantly smaller footprint, and not to mention it doesn't give off searing heat.

If you can't see a use for a tablet, then you either have no use for one, or you're simply lacking in imagination.

Now if only people would come around to electric cars in this fashion, since they can interchanged directly with tablets in this argument. (Desktops being racecars/ long range hybrids)

Fortunately for 99% of the population, that's all they want to do. They do serious work/play on their primary machines and then do everything else on the tablet.

I have three computers in my home. A desktop for heavy duty work, playing games and storing all of my media. Then I have a mini PC that serves HTPC duties and streams from the first computer. Then I have my laptop that I primarily use at school and almost never at home. Then I have my iPad. I can use it to browse the internet, check email, update Twitter, and play games while walking around the apartment or lounging on the couch while watching something on TV. I love having a tablet in bed, where I can do my casual reading, or even stream movies/TV shows from my media collection. It's much more convenient than having a laptop in bed due to its significantly smaller footprint, and not to mention it doesn't give off searing heat.

If you can't see a use for a tablet, then you either have no use for one, or you're simply lacking in imagination.

I'm sure there useful to some people and in certain situations there better then laptops.

I'm probably just one of those people has no use for one I've played around with tablets like the Ipad or android tablet it just seems like every time I get one it just feels like there really isn't that much more convince added and a laptop is just a better choice because in some way the tablets hold me back or just trade one set of problems for another.

Plus the cost of a good one $600+ seems to high if they were all under $150 or less it maybe a more viable option.

Edited by fire_storm

I'm sure in time they will come down significantly in price, like any other technology. Flat panel TVs would cost five figures, now you can get a 46" LCD TV for well under a grand. Everyone expected the iPad to cost $1000 because Windows tablets always held a high premium over regular laptops. Everybody was surprised when it was half the price at just $500, thereby establishing the fact that tablets can indeed be affordable. Now we have Android tablets that cost just $150. It won't be long before we have iPad quality tablets for under $200 and everybody will have at least one tablet in their home, just like how everybody has at least one TV and one computer.

It's great to see all the new Tablets coming out this next 1/4 like the Acer's

http://www.overclockersclub.com/news/27421/

These and many others look like they are actually carefully and thoughtfully designed; unlike most of this 1/4's "kneejerk" responses to the groundbreaking ipad. I still have hope that the "Adam" willl be here before Xmas- Gingerbread ready. BTW looks like ipad will be able run on that type of cookie: http://downloadsquad.switched.com/2010/11/17/get-android-on-your-ipad-with-openiboot-in-the-near-future?icid=sphere_blogsmith_inpage_engadget :cool2: