unstable fsb amd 1055t

The program works for me.

Set P0/P1/P2/P3/P4 settings all the same. Since you have a 1055T, your multi is 14x, correct? So put 14 in all your Core multis for each tab. Do the same for CPU VID and NB VID.

Here's my settings:

CPU VID: 1.25

NB VID: 1.15

In your CPU-Z, your Core Voltage will fluctuate, but your Core Speed and Multiplier won't change anymore. When you're done, you can click the "Service" button and check "Make custom P-state settings permanent", then click "Update" and "Apply".

Since my CPU Voltage in my BIOS is 1.45v, it won't ever go lower than that.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The program works for me.

Set P0/P1/P2/P3/P4 settings all the same. Since you have a 1055T, your multi is 14x, correct? So put 14 in all your Core multis for each tab. Do the same for CPU VID and NB VID.

Here's my settings:

CPU VID: 1.25

NB VID: 1.15

In your CPU-Z, your Core Voltage will fluctuate, but your Core Speed and Multiplier won't change anymore. When you're done, you can click the "Service" button and check "Make custom P-state settings permanent", then click "Update" and "Apply".

Since my CPU Voltage in my BIOS is 1.45v, it won't ever go lower than that.

okey, will try that when i get home from school =)

Lol, there's some weird squelching sound coming from my CPU, I think, when I'm running stress tests using the PhenomMsrTweaker. My temps do get kind of high (which is probably why), but I didn't really spend a lot of time adjusting them lower. It's kind of weird overclocking this way.

Here's two snapshots:

This one shows the me at 4.0GHz at 20 x 200 FSB. See that tab with an asterisk? That's the one you have to click "Apply" in order to apply it. Sometimes you have to adjust the multiplier lower, click "Apply", then adjust it to where you want, then click "Apply" again in order for it to take effect. You won't know until you see it in CPU-Z. You have to make sure every tab is the same throughout. After you test your settings and you're stable, click on the "Service" tab and if you checkmark the "Make custom P-state settings permanent" and click the "Update" button, click "Apply". Now whenever you log into Windows, you'll have the PhenomMsrTweaker automatically adjust your P-state to what you just set-up. Just be careful, if you change your FSB and multi in your BIOS, that P-state will change to how you have it and make your computer crash. If you change your FSB and multi in your BIOS, make sure you uncheck the P-state so it's not permanent.

post-70939-12905877377577_thumb.png

This one shows me at 4.2GHz at 21 x 200 FSB. Note that I adjusted my CPU Vid. You'll notice my Core Voltage jumps up in CPU-Z. A trick is to get into Windows with a low multi, but high FSB, then use PhenomMsrTweaker to get your multi higher while adjusting your CPU Vid.

post-70939-12905877620505_thumb.png

Good luck! My GFlops are crazy high! :P

Lol, there's some weird squelching sound coming from my CPU, I think, when I'm running stress tests using the PhenomMsrTweaker. My temps do get kind of high (which is probably why), but I didn't really spend a lot of time adjusting them lower. It's kind of weird overclocking this way.

Here's two snapshots:

This one shows the me at 4.0GHz at 20 x 200 FSB. See that tab with an asterisk? That's the one you have to click "Apply" in order to apply it. Sometimes you have to adjust the multiplier lower, click "Apply", then adjust it to where you want, then click "Apply" again in order for it to take effect. You won't know until you see it in CPU-Z. You have to make sure every tab is the same throughout. After you test your settings and you're stable, click on the "Service" tab and if you checkmark the "Make custom P-state settings permanent" and click the "Update" button, click "Apply". Now whenever you log into Windows, you'll have the PhenomMsrTweaker automatically adjust your P-state to what you just set-up. Just be careful, if you change your FSB and multi in your BIOS, that P-state will change to how you have it and make your computer crash. If you change your FSB and multi in your BIOS, make sure you uncheck the P-state so it's not permanent.

post-70939-12905877377577_thumb.png

This one shows me at 4.2GHz at 21 x 200 FSB. Note that I adjusted my CPU Vid. You'll notice my Core Voltage jumps up in CPU-Z. A trick is to get into Windows with a low multi, but high FSB, then use PhenomMsrTweaker to get your multi higher while adjusting your CPU Vid.

post-70939-12905877620505_thumb.png

Good luck! My GFlops are crazy high! :P

tried what you said, but its still not stable the multiplier is, but not the fsb..

Can you give me screenshots for each tab? There's a tab for P0, P1, P2, P3, and P4. Also, make sure when you go into your BIOS that your CnQ is disabled, and also in the Tweaker Services, that CnQ is disabled.

Can you give me screenshots for each tab? There's a tab for P0, P1, P2, P3, and P4. Also, make sure when you go into your BIOS that your CnQ is disabled, and also in the Tweaker Services, that CnQ is disabled.

i've checked several times that CnQ is disabled

post-70961-12906117503533_thumb.png

post-70961-12906117526989_thumb.png

post-70961-12906117547109_thumb.png

post-70961-12906117567963_thumb.png

post-70961-12906119802402_thumb.png

Edited by pils91

That's really odd, it should work. Launch CPU-Z. When you click "Apply", is it actually being applied? That's the only thing I can think of not working, "Apply" not being set. Sometimes I have to fidget with it. On the asterik tab, move the multi down to 13.5, click "Apply", then when you notice in CPU-Z the multi change, change it back to 14.0 and click "Apply" again. That means it actually set. Also, be sure to watch your temps, setting CPU Vid to 1.4 will take your Core Voltage to 1.632, set it to 1.3 and you should be fine.

That's really odd, it should work. Launch CPU-Z. When you click "Apply", is it actually being applied? That's the only thing I can think of not working, "Apply" not being set. Sometimes I have to fidget with it. On the asterik tab, move the multi down to 13.5, click "Apply", then when you notice in CPU-Z the multi change, change it back to 14.0 and click "Apply" again. That means it actually set. Also, be sure to watch your temps, setting CPU Vid to 1.4 will take your Core Voltage to 1.632, set it to 1.3 and you should be fine.

the multi works fine, it changed like it should. when i pushed the multi up to 14 and pressd apply, and started stress testing the fsb was unstable again. and at 1.3v i got bsod. its the fsb that's the problem...

the multi works fine, it changed like it should. when i pushed the multi up to 14 and pressd apply, and started stress testing the fsb was unstable again. and at 1.3v i got bsod. its the fsb that's the problem...

Hmm. That's not good. I'll post snapshots of my BIOS settings when I get home, maybe that will help. I'm thinking you might not have disabled a setting along with CnQ. Go back to 1.4 and keep testing with it going down, that way you can find the optimal voltage and not kill your CPU. At least your multi's staying the same for now.

Btw, does your motherboard have manual switches on it? Maybe it's switched to something that's affecting your overclock?

Hmm. That's not good. I'll post snapshots of my BIOS settings when I get home, maybe that will help. I'm thinking you might not have disabled a setting along with CnQ. Go back to 1.4 and keep testing with it going down, that way you can find the optimal voltage and not kill your CPU. At least your multi's staying the same for now.

Btw, does your motherboard have manual switches on it? Maybe it's switched to something that's affecting your overclock?

there are some push buttons, but i havent been near them.. and my voltage is set to 1.35 in bios, it was the phenom program that wouldent let me go lower then 1.4.. :wacko: