Help me get my head around this?

Right so, I'm upgrading my computer in parts over the Christmas holidays and early to mid next year some time. I've got an outline of the parts I've got/am getting. *'s next to parts I want to upgrade or am not entirely sure on getting next.

For example, I'm not 100% sure on the GTX 580s. I have a GTX 480 atm, and I'll probably wait to see if some 595 or something comes out. Maybe even just get a second 480 if the prices really get pushed down.

Parts List:

• Case Corsair Obsidian 800D Full ATX

• Thermaltake 850 Watt PSU*

• Gigabyte EX58-UD*

• CPU Intel Core i7 Core 920

• 3x 2GB Kingston DDR3 1333*

• EVGA GeForce GTX 580 FTW Hydro Copper 2*

• Corsair 128 GB Nova Series SSD-V128GB2-BRKT (OS and Primary Programs Drive)

• Samsung 1TB HD103UJ (User Files and Storage)

Now I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing with the liquid cooling. I'd like to do a dual Radiator Mod on the 800D, similar (maybe even the exactly the same if I can pull it off) to a mod that was done here: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=81684

Liquid Cooling:

• Reservoir XSPC 5.25" Black Reservoir Bay w/ Blue LED x2

• Swiftech MCP655 Pump

• MCR320 Quiet Power 3x120mm

• CPU Block Swiftech Apogee XT

Now I need a lot more stuff. I started looking at some of the items and then realized if I want to do a dual RAD design there are probably going to have to be a lot of compromises made. For example, I don't think I could fit a second 3 x 120mm Radiator in the lower section of the 800D. I'd also need to have two pumps, correct? So fitting them inside the 800D could be an issue too, meaning I'd need to be careful about which kind I got. I also am not sure about what kind of tubing, fittings etc. to go for. Any advice?

Right so, I'm upgrading my computer in parts over the Christmas holidays and early to mid next year some time. I've got an outline of the parts I've got/am getting. *'s next to parts I want to upgrade or am not entirely sure on getting next.

For example, I'm not 100% sure on the GTX 580s. I have a GTX 480 atm, and I'll probably wait to see if some 595 or something comes out. Maybe even just get a second 480 if the prices really get pushed down.

Parts List:

• Case Corsair Obsidian 800D Full ATX

• Thermaltake 850 Watt PSU*

• Gigabyte EX58-UD*

• CPU Intel Core i7 Core 920

• 3x 2GB Kingston DDR3 1333*

• Corsair 128 GB Nova Series SSD-V128GB2-BRKT (OS and Primary Programs Drive)

• Samsung 1TB HD103UJ (User Files and Storage)

Now I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing with the liquid cooling. I'd like to do a dual Radiator Mod on the 800D, similar (maybe even the exactly the same if I can pull it off) to a mod that was done here: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=81684

Liquid Cooling:

• Reservoir XSPC 5.25" Black Reservoir Bay w/ Blue LED x2

• Swiftech MCP655 Pump

• MCR320 Quiet Power 3x120mm

• CPU Block Swiftech Apogee XT

Now I need a lot more stuff. I started looking at some of the items and then realized if I want to do a dual RAD design there are probably going to have to be a lot of compromises made. For example, I don't think I could fit a second 3 x 120mm Radiator in the lower section of the 800D. I'd also need to have two pumps, correct? So fitting them inside the 800D could be an issue too, meaning I'd need to be careful about which kind I got. I also am not sure about what kind of tubing, fittings etc. to go for. Any advice?

Might wanna save some money and get a better PSU. I did some looking around and JonnyGuru TT850 reivew seems its not too good with high loads on the 12v side of things. Personally I've never thought TT to be the greatest manufacturer (minus a few cases...), something from corsair or seasonic gold series would be a good bet. I personally own this Seasonic X750 Gold psu and it has a great review here.

I'm pretty sure mine isn't even that good. Doesn't look like it is a ToughPower, just a generic Thermaltake one.

I won't be upgrading the 480 until after the rest of the Liquid cooled system. Then probably one 580, then PSU, then motherboard, Ram, then another 580.

As for PSU I was looking at the Corsair Professional Series Gold AX1200.

I'm pretty sure mine isn't even that good. Doesn't look like it is a ToughPower, just a generic Thermaltake one.

I won't be upgrading the 480 until after the rest of the Liquid cooled system. Then probably one 580, then PSU, then motherboard, Ram, then another 580.

As for PSU I was looking at the Corsair Professional Series Gold AX1200.

Yea the corsair AX1200 is good. Corsairs got some good power supplies and rams :biggrin: