Buying Cases online? Safe?

I'm just in the phase of hunting down the best price for my Obsidian 800D now and am wondering how safe it is to buy these online. My local computer shop usually has excellent prices, but the 800D is still quite expensive there. I was wondering how safe it may be to buy online from somewhere like Amazon or Newegg. These places are only an example, I need somewhere that can ship to Australia cheaply, and I'm not sure how these places deal with them. Any places that have a good policy on returning damaged cases. I don't want to fork out close to $400 and then have a damaged case. Any ideas?

Awesome, because amazon seem to have a pretty good deal on the 800D at least compared to what I can get over here usually. Hopefully I'll be able to pick one of those up in a week or two. What about bundling the shipping with a SSD? Not worth the risk on transporting the SSD? I can always get one pretty reasonably priced over here.

Awesome, because amazon seem to have a pretty good deal on the 800D at least compared to what I can get over here usually. Hopefully I'll be able to pick one of those up in a week or two. What about bundling the shipping with a SSD? Not worth the risk on transporting the SSD? I can always get one pretty reasonably priced over here.

Dude, solid state drives are hard-core durable. I'd say that the SSD is one of the hardest things in a computer to break.

Dude, solid state drives are hard-core durable. I'd say that the SSD is one of the hardest things in a computer to break.

That sounds like a challenge to me. :P Nah, that sounds like it's all going to work. I gather I'll have to come back for more advice when I replace my motherboard next year. :P

You'll be fine on both counts. I've ordered a few cases online and never had a problem. The major brands pack them pretty well. Add that to the fact that the 800D is a pretty solidly built case, and you'll be good. As far as the SSD goes, it has no moving parts. It's just as safe as shipping ram or a thumb drive. If you were talking a standard hard drive, then you might have reason for concern.

Don't sweat it. If you can get it shipped to you cheaper than buying it locally, go for it.