Water Cooling GTX 460 1GB MSI Cyclone in SLI

El_Capitan

This fella did it with his, but not in SLI: http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=127555

Anyways, I ordered the parts, and will also be upgrading my MCR220 to the MCR420:

Two Swiftech MCW80 Universal GPU water-blocks

Two Swiftech G80 Brackets for MCW80

Two 40mm Scythe Chipset Fans

It'll be a while until all my parts arrive, but it gives me time to figure out how I want to set-up my tubing.

First thing would be to remove the huge GTX 460 fans and drill new holes in the G80 brackets. Then I'd place the MCW80's on the brackets and attach the 40mm Scythe Chipset fans over the memory. I'll have to figure out the best way to attach them to the cards.

I'll update when things start happening. In the meantime, where would you get that kind of mounting that guy used to attach his 40mm fans? Probably at a local hardware store?

UPDATE: Interestingly enough, I think the guy at techpowerup was using a different card. I didn't need the G80 Brackets, I used the ones that came with the MCW80 GPU blocks and drilled 2 new holes and that was good enough. See sig. :P

Edited by El_Capitan

This fella did it with his, but not in SLI: http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=127555

Anyways, I ordered the parts, and will also be upgrading my MCR220 to the MCR420:

Two Swiftech MCW80 Universal GPU water-blocks

Two Swiftech G80 Brackets for MCW80

Two 40mm Scythe Chipset Fans

It'll be a while until all my parts arrive, but it gives me time to figure out how I want to set-up my tubing.

First thing would be to remove the huge GTX 460 fans and drill new holes in the G80 brackets. Then I'd place the MCW80's on the brackets and attach the 40mm Scythe Chipset fans over the memory. I'll have to figure out the best way to attach them to the cards.

I'll update when things start happening. In the meantime, where would you get that kind of mounting that guy used to attach his 40mm fans? Probably at a local hardware store?

I suppose you could use some nylon washers and all thread attached to the card then cut the metal tabs to hold the fan.

Edited by MxGladiator

• 2 weeks later...