Mixing different memory brands and models...Help

GM

Current setup is

785GM-E51 mobo

AMD Phenom iiX4 955 cpu OC'ed to 3.4

OCZ3G16004GK 4gb DDR3 RAM with 8-8-8-24 timings running at 1600 with mild OC.

Win 7x64 Ultimate

I want to add another 4gb without causing too many issues, of course. OCZ no longer makes this model, so that is not an option.

If I get another brand, and that RAM requires different timings, will I have a mess and failures? Am I forced to find memory that runs at 8-8-8-24?

How do you get 2 different model and brands of RAM to behave? I am sure a lot of you have done this.

Thanks.

GM

Current setup is

785GM-E51 mobo

AMD Phenom iiX4 955 cpu OC'ed to 3.4

OCZ3G16004GK 4gb DDR3 RAM with 8-8-8-24 timings running at 1600 with mild OC.

Win 7x64 Ultimate

I want to add another 4gb without causing too many issues, of course. OCZ no longer makes this model, so that is not an option.

If I get another brand, and that RAM requires different timings, will I have a mess and failures? Am I forced to find memory that runs at 8-8-8-24?

How do you get 2 different model and brands of RAM to behave? I am sure a lot of you have done this.

Thanks.

If you were running at stock and put the newer ram into a different channel that probably would be an issue. Even if you buy Ram similarly rated you cant gaurantee it will behave overclock the same as your older ram. I'd be tempted to sell off you old ram and purchase 2 matched sets of new ram.

If you were running at stock and put the newer ram into a different channel that probably would be an issue. Even if you buy Ram similarly rated you cant gaurantee it will behave overclock the same as your older ram. I'd be tempted to sell off you old ram and purchase 2 matched sets of new ram.

so you are saying to sell my existing ram and get 4 identical sticks? Who is going to want to buy my old memory?