Watercooling my Q6600

Waco

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could try just for a test to put say an 80mm fan in your case just to blow air on the card?

I have a 230 mm fan pointed directly at the card already. :(

The Swiftech radiator is awesome (especially for the price) but this cooler has the same problem that those Accelero coolers for the 4870x2 from Arctic Cooling have. :(

EDIT: Wow - Arctic Cooling doesn't even list the Accelero XTREME 4870X2 on their site anywhere - not even in the support section...

Edited by Waco

• 5 months later...

The GPU temps are stable in the low 40s when it does this.

I got an email back from the owner of Swiftech and he essentially told me that I shouldn't worry about it since Kombuster isn't a game and no game can stress the card this much...which doesn't assure me in the slightest. His own testing shows Furmark (which is less stressful that Kombuster) hitting 135 C on the VRMs on his 4870x2 after a few minutes...well out of spec as well though he didn't seem concerned. confused.gif

I'm not too happy about this. sad.gif

I got a worse response from them when I tried to get them to replace my GTX480 on the account of a Poorly manufactured stiffener plate for a GTX480. It fried the card, it was a manufacture flaw, and they refused to replace it..... Hence the reason I don't use there stuff and all there stuff I have is for sale.

And if it does not sell I can always burn them

Waco where did the attachments go? I was going to show them to JJJRMY. :|

I ran out of space and took them down. I can rehost them if you want.

I got a worse response from them when I tried to get them to replace my GTX480 on the account of a Poorly manufactured stiffener plate for a GTX480. It fried the card, it was a manufacture flaw, and they refused to replace it..... Hence the reason I don't use there stuff and all there stuff I have is for sale.

And if it does not sell I can always burn them

:lol: Yeah, they don't seem to give a hell about their products. The only thing I'd buy from them now is radiators (which are easy to prove faulty).

I ran out of space and took them down. I can rehost them if you want.

:lol: Yeah, they don't seem to give a hell about their products. The only thing I'd buy from them now is radiators (which are easy to prove faulty).

Nah I found some other modded ECOs out there. It's all good. :3

Nah I found some other modded ECOs out there. It's all good. :3

That was BluePanda's thing - pretty sure her pics are still up. I never had it installed on my Q6600.

Ugh...fine. :lol:

Here are pictures of the original build: http://www.parl.clemson.edu/~dbonnie/Watercooling/

Here are pictures of the Swiftech failure and its replacement: http://www.parl.clemson.edu/~dbonnie/Watercooling%20Redux/

And here are current pics: http://www.parl.clemson.edu/~dbonnie/Current%20Water/

Enjoy. :)