Need Help On Updated Bios!

skibar350

I just updated my bios to the 1007 rev and I noticed the CPU Interface is greyed out and I can't change it. Is this normal or did something bad happen? I also have a new setting called PCI Latency Timer and I don't know what it should be set at or used for? I set all my bios settings to default before updating. I tried to find document on the new bios but had no luck. I hope this isn't a bad thing. I just have never seen either settings do this on the A7n8x v2 before. :huh:

I have everything set to user defined but the cpu Interface is greyed to optimal setting and I can't change it. It was fine when I had the 1005rev bios. And the new PCI Latency Timer I have never seen in the Asus before. I just hope something didn't go wrong.....Help! Not sure if I should reflash or not..? :(

Edited by skibar350

I unpluged, removed bat, jumped booted and then set everything to its default for my setup then saved reboot into Windows and reboot again to flash. Sounded good to me. Maybe I should unpluged, removed bat, jumped and then boot and flash?

I can't remember the reason, and I am over at my parents now, so I can't look it up///

but those things are normal....

the greyed out setting is normal.. I think you can access it with the Uber bios...

but in the reg 1007 there were only certain times I couls access it...

and the PCI latency thing... I have my notes at home.. but I just left mine were it is at

Thanks for your help! I was freaking out...lol I went ahead and reflashed it unpluged, removed bat, jumped and then boot and flash?

The cpu interface is still greyed to optimal. I looked up the pci latency timer...drrr I remember now but isn't that old school. Why did Asus go backwards? Where they having incompatability? Because it is for pci latency so devices don't hog the pci longer or shorter than other devices...ok If that is so why do I still have boot lag with a Promise Ultra 100 Tx2 card..lol