I7 930 Temps questions

Burple

Hey guys, just registered here. I recently bought a new pc that i just put together, im using the i7 930 cpu with Haf 932 case and the Cooler Master V8 aftermarket CPU fan.

I am still noticing that my temps are running a bit high and after reading all the info on these processors and seeing all the problems with temps, I wanted to see what i could

do to make mine run a little bit cooler. Here are my Core Temp numbers

Low 45, 44, 48, 43. While my highs are 64, 63, 66, 62. Idles in between 44-48.

I read alot about the cpu glue, i used ZALMAN Super thermal grease(not sure on the quality of it but could use your info)

and im wondering if it will make a huge difference to switch from that to arctic silver 5 ive been reading about.

and also another problem is that during the summer ( now ) my ambient temp ranges from 33c-37c.

and lastly I would like to know if jumping up to liquid cooling would dramatically drop my temps VS the gnarly CPU fan i currently am using.

Any info is much appreciated, thanks.

Welcome to OCC Burple

Your first port of call would be to re-seat your heatsink. Make sure to clean all of the previous installations grease off before applying a new coat and then make sure the heatsink is securely bolted down.

Hope that helps.

Gotta wait til tomorrow for the new thermal glue, I hear arctic silver 5 is the best to use. Is that what you would recommend?

And how do I change my voltages for better temps?

It's all factory settings I have not yet tried to OC because my temps get so high.

Yes everything is set on stock speeds, lol I have been weary to adjust anything as im not too sure what I'm doing yet.

But this week will be the last hot week of weather and it's supposed to drop from the 35c to around 28-29c so I am thinking I will be

seeing better temp readings.

And another question, with this CPU at what temperature should I be concerned about harming my pc?