MSI P35 platinum

00stevo

Hi all,

Basically,i won said mobo off ebay and i was initially pleased with it.However im starting to think it was a bad purchase cos it just cant hold any OC i put on it.My previous board(Gigabyte Ep31 Ds3l) could easily hit 3.8ghz with 1.3 vcore but this board craps out with even 3ghz.Its like i set the fsb to 240,which gives me 3ghz,save and exit and it all seems fine for a while,i even encoded several AVI's and there was no problem.But every now and again the PC will fail to boot and it will say 'overclocking failed' so i go back into the bios give the chip and NB some more juice,boots fine then messes up again blah blah.Am i doing something wrong or was it a bad purchase? Bios is latest version all other components are in my sig.

Have you done any stability testing? Just because your CPU can go a certain speed doesn't mean your new board can run it exactly the same without any tweaking...

Actually,i think ive found the root of the problem.I recently had Ati tray tools installed and i clocked my memory way down.Everything seemed fine for a while but i suddenly started getting random Bsod's and during the last one i noticed 'ati kmv' or something like that and then.....ding! Problem solved.