SSD Issues

Well dudes, i got my first SSD yesterday. I reinstalled windows 7 (in AHCI mode) and made all the recommended tweaks inside windows for SSD's. Now to the point of this topic. I ran a couple benchmarks, and immediately saw that i wasnt getting anywhere near the listed performance levels. So from there i installed AMD's SouthBridge and AHCI drivers, which made no difference in performance. Here's a couple screenshots:

Does anyone have any ideas??? Help will be much appreciated.

ok well first, it would be helpful to know what brand and model, along with expected results.

238mb/s read and write seems pretty good to me.

Also, have you updated to the newest firmware?

Edited by Fight Game

ok well first, it would be helpful to know what brand and model, along with expected results.

238mb/s read and write seems pretty good to me.

Also, have you updated to the newest firmware?

Its a Mushkin Enhanced Callisto Deluxe 60Gb. But as you said the scores in ATTO are pretty good, but shouldnt the writes in AS SSD be close to ATTO's results???

And no i havent updated FW yet, as the deluxe edition drives already come with it installed.

Edited by AddictedGamer93

I... but shouldnt the writes in AS SSD be close to ATTO's results???

Nope. The read/write patterns are totally different. ATTO doesn't do in-place updates while AS SSD does.

That shouldnt apply figuring how performance isnt supposed to change among capacities with Sandforce. At least thats what ive read a thousand times.

More flash channels == more performance. You can't really get around that.