Corsair H50 and Top Mounted PSU?

Anyone fit the Corsair H50 in a smallish case with a top mounted PSU?

Cant seem to find an answer (or pics) with a setup like this

Thx

Yea i got one, fits perfectly fine in my Smilodon case

DSCN1538.jpg

Is that a Silverstone fan grill/filter? If it is, could you tell me if you think the fine filter mesh poses a restriction at all to the fan intake airflow? And does it cahnge the sound/noise signature as well.? I'm considering getting one to prevent dust build-up on the H50 rad, but I'm concerned about these issues. TIA

Thanks for the pics.

Quite cool looking setup you have.

sorry for the slow reply, work has been hectic. Yea its a Silverstone filter and in my opinion it doesn't restrict the airflow plus keeps the rad dust free

Update:

Thanks for the info.

Bought one here in Hong Kong, and put it in this afternoon.

Very tight fit in my "mini" ATX case. When I bought the case, I asked for the smallest possible case that would fit a big ATX mobo (rampage II extreme) and a big gfx card (GTX295). So it's a TIGHT fit.

Have it running w/ 2 fans, one on each side of the rad (IE, push pull).

However, I went against the instructions and have it exhausting out the rear of the case. The instructions say to have your setup pull in fresh out from the rear of the case, and blow it thru the radiator that way. I went with the more traditional setup where the rear of the case is the exhaust port. So my fans suck the air from inside the case, blow it thru the radiator, and exhaust it out the back. May not be ideal, but am trying it out on my heavily OC'ed i7-980x.

I was running a TRUE 120 w/ the same 2 fans before the H50, and under super heavy load (2 HD videos encoding), the H50 is approx 3 degrees C cooler. So, I'm happy with it.

Curious if it would be any cooler trying Arctic Silver 5 and/or the fans intaking from the rear rather than exhausting.

Update:

Thanks for the info.

Bought one here in Hong Kong, and put it in this afternoon.

Very tight fit in my "mini" ATX case. When I bought the case, I asked for the smallest possible case that would fit a big ATX mobo (rampage II extreme) and a big gfx card (GTX295). So it's a TIGHT fit.

Have it running w/ 2 fans, one on each side of the rad (IE, push pull).

However, I went against the instructions and have it exhausting out the rear of the case. The instructions say to have your setup pull in fresh out from the rear of the case, and blow it thru the radiator that way. I went with the more traditional setup where the rear of the case is the exhaust port. So my fans suck the air from inside the case, blow it thru the radiator, and exhaust it out the back. May not be ideal, but am trying it out on my heavily OC'ed i7-980x.

I was running a TRUE 120 w/ the same 2 fans before the H50, and under super heavy load (2 HD videos encoding), the H50 is approx 3 degrees C cooler. So, I'm happy with it.

Curious if it would be any cooler trying Arctic Silver 5 and/or the fans intaking from the rear rather than exhausting.

um id say artic 5 might give you about 5 degree diffrence from the stock compound

Corsair uses Shin-Etsu X23-7783D as the stock thermal paste. This is a better TIM than AS5 IMO! Shin Etsu is one of the better manufacturers of TIM out there. So I would NOT switch out the stock H50 Shin-Etsu for AS5. You absolutely won't see anything close to a 5 degree drop, prob won't see any drop at all! Plus the AS5 needs 200 hours of cure time, while the Shin-Etsu needs 0. Corsair is a great company with higher standards, so it's no surprise here that they used a higher quality TIM as their "stock" paste!