AMOLED screen shortage

So due to the AMOLED screen shortage US Cellular has delayed the launch of the HTC Desire. I am looking to move away from Sprint and to US Cellular because Sprint has no 3G coverage where I live (small out of the way town with a single US Cellular tower in the town). Now HTC is going to be putting their new "Super" LCD screens in the Desire which they claim are just as good as AMOLEDs. What are your thought on this? I personally don't see how an LCD can compare to an OLED except for the shortcomings of direct sunlight for the AMOLED.

An LCD might also be able to become brighter, depending the back light (my MP3 player has a much brighter screen than my Incredible)? I don't know, but at least they are trying with "super" LCD's instead of "normal" LCD's to replace the OLED screens without much loss of quality.

I don't really have much of an opinion on this, other than it is nice (and economical) for HTC to provided some alternative to the OLED screens, which are holding back supply. I do find it odd that, according to Engadget, they are also putting an LCD into the Nexus One. I thought that was being phased out? Google isn't selling it anymore. Also according to Engadget, the new screens are supposedly able to give a longer battery life than the OLED screens.

I don't know what's going, but we'll find out soon enough.

Yea Engadget is where I found out about this as well. I believe the N1 is just not sold by Google now, but still sold internationally by HTC. I guess I can just wait for reviews of the screen hopefully, and see how it looks. I have a Zune HD with it's OLED screen and I absolutely love the quality of it. I hope the Super LCD lives up to the hype.