A card fit for an Asus CROSSHAIR IV FORMULA 890FX motherboard :)

Hello all ^.^

Im currently gathering components to build my next computer.

I have roughly £150 to spend ($231 USD) and i'm wanting to crossfire them both.

So far what i've found is the Radeon HD5770 but i was wondering if there was anything else out there that can give a better performance?

Also im not entirely sure how the NVidia graphics cards are rated as in, i understand the ATI's numbers - 57series/58series etc so any help on understanding the NVidia numbers would be helpfull aswell.

Thankyou for your time

Scorp

NVIDIA does more by series. Like the GTX series is the top of the line while GTS is more middle-range. Then you have the numbers.. x80 is the best, then x70, x60, and so on. So for NVIDIA, the highest card is the GTX 480, then the GTX 470, GTX 465, and GTX 460. There will be a GTS series for the 400 range but it won't be out for a little while. That one should start at GTS 450 and go down from there.

I think an HD 5770 will do you just fine and when you Crossfire them, the performance is going to be top notch. You won't be disappointed with two of them together, even one will be plenty until you can get a second.

HD5770's are great in Crossfire!

As for the Nvidia, the GTX480 is the best, then the GTX470 and then oddly the GTX460 is better than the GTX465. Although with Nvidia you can't get a second card with that motherboard.