Thermal Zones

I was wondering what the opinion of some more experienced people was about these cases with Thermal Zones. Is it good for overclocking? More specifically the Lian PC-X2000F. I read an article about it http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cases/display/coolermaster-corsair-lianli.html and it seemed to do pretty good, what do you guys think? Thanks in advance.

I've owned three Lian Li cases with that. The zones aren't actually isolated from each other, rather they're visible partitions so as far as separate zones for cooling purposes go, it's just a bunch of bull. It's handy for tidiness though.

Edited by roadkill

The existence of partitions is hardly a variable affecting the amount of airflow. These partitioned cases generally are setup quite the same as any other case in terms of fan placement. Exhaust in the rear and up high, intake at the bottom front. The only difference is hard drive and power supply placement. Traditionally, these types of cases had the hard drives down low, with the power supply however the problem with this was that the majority of power supplies today are the single intake sort, where air is simply drawn into the power supply and pushed out the back. The problem with partitions is given the amount of space alloted to the hard drives and power supply, it's typical that for such types of units, they're effectively <i>choked</i>. The response to this is to put holes in the bottom of the case where the power supply's intake is, of course. This is hardly optimal for the hard drives in the 'thermal zone' though.

The case OP is considering doesn't quite have this problem. At least, from what I can gather from the pictures. The power supply is in it's typical spot allowing its intake to function as an exhaust for the overall system. The hard drives are down below with their own set of intake + exhaust fans. It's actually quite a breeze case given the sheer number of fans in it :P so airflow definitely isn't an issue I'd imagine. Though, the bezel design isn't the best for movement as it is only through the side mesh that air can be drawn through. I wouldn't worry too much about that though.