fml, just started already getting an error

damian

I'm learning to write C C++ and C#. This is the very first lesson in the book so im a little depressed! It says to write this code into an editor/compiler.

#include <studio.h>
void main(void)
{
printf ("Jamsa\'s C/C++/C# Programmer\'s Bible!");
}

Now when i compile that code i get an error on the last bracket. I'm thinking its because of the compiler I am using (Dev-C++) Maybe I am writing the code in the wrong editor? I'm sorry I am not more descriptive but this is my first time. I copied the code just like it was on the book so im a little flabbergasted.

I'm learning to write C C++ and C#. This is the very first lesson in the book so im a little depressed! It says to write this code into an editor/compiler.

#include <studio.h>
void main(void)
{
printf ("Jamsa\'s C/C++/C# Programmer\'s Bible!");
}

Now when i compile that code i get an error on the last bracket. I'm thinking its because of the compiler I am using (Dev-C++) Maybe I am writing the code in the wrong editor? I'm sorry I am not more descriptive but this is my first time. I copied the code just like it was on the book so im a little flabbergasted.

As an alternative compiler you could try microsoft's free studio tools

Change your library declarations.

#include <studio.h>

to

#include <stdio.h>

You also should have a return statement. Since your Main() function returns void, have this before your last bracket

return void;

And for your Main function, it's actually not in compliance with the ANSI standard for returning void.. You should have your main() function return an integer.