Kinect for XBOX 360

DeathNote

Kinect is made to allow players to get off the couch and move.

Remember, you dont HAVE to buy Kinect, and not all games will be able to use Kinect.

You wont be able to play Halo or Gears with it, just the games that actually make sense to use it.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the move will be a success especially when the games that support it are good. Killzone 3, Crysis 2, Heavy rain, Little Big Planet 2

The Kinect is not meant for hardcore gamers unless it allows a real gun to be played with in Call of Duty.

So here is my big thing on Natal, and I will continue to call it that.

We got to play with it a bit today with some Ubisoft games like Your Shape

And some sports game.

The Natal has a very good hype to it, however, the responsiveness of the Natal

was not what the hype is, nor is it a natural feel. I feel like its a redubbed version

of the original Eye Toy. I was against Playstation Move originally, but that

was a lot of fun, however, its the Wii colored black and given a ball.

So here is my big thing on Natal, and I will continue to call it that.

We got to play with it a bit today with some Ubisoft games like Your Shape

And some sports game.

The Natal has a very good hype to it, however, the responsiveness of the Natal

was not what the hype is, nor is it a natural feel. I feel like its a redubbed version

of the original Eye Toy. I was against Playstation Move originally, but that

was a lot of fun, however, its the Wii colored black and given a ball...

But with better games

Not sure how many people have seen

of MS's launch announcement, but it makes it look pretty pathetic. Kinectamals? Really? That's the headlining title with something that is supposed to revolutionize XBOX 360?

Not sure how many people have seen

of MS's launch announcement, but it makes it look pretty pathetic. Kinectamals? Really? That's the headlining title with something that is supposed to revolutionize XBOX 360?

Well you can't say it isn't revolutionizing the 360, thanks to the Kinect it's finally catching up with everyone else. Catching up with the Eyetoy, Catching up with all the Nintendogz games, and it even has social activities like live cam chat just like the PC. I think the kinect is really taking the 360 places, granted it's places everyone else has already been to but at least it's going somewhere. :D

Well you can't say it isn't revolutionizing the 360, thanks to the Kinect it's finally catching up with everyone else. Catching up with the Eyetoy, Catching up with all the Nintendogz games, and it even has social activities like live cam chat just like the PC. I think the kinect is really taking the 360 places, granted it's places everyone else has already been to but at least it's going somewhere. :D

I agree they had to do it to "stay current", but that doesn't mean that it is revolutionizing anything. Who wants to stay completely still and silent during a movie, lest you advance to the next chapter on an errant sound or motion someone made. Plus it would be so annoying if anyone with a troll like attitude was around... I can see it now

From the other room: XBOX, Stop playback

Me: wtf stop that... XBOX, play

From the other room: XBOX, Stop playback!!! lolololol

I agree they had to do it to "stay current", but that doesn't mean that it is revolutionizing anything. Who wants to stay completely still and silent during a movie, lest you advance to the next chapter on an errant sound or motion someone made. Plus it would be so annoying if anyone with a troll like attitude was around... I can see it now

When you put it that way I actually like this thing, I'm one of those people would really enjoy screwing with someone like that. :lol:

My question about all of this is what was wrong with the SIXAXIS controls? I personally find that to be the best form of movement control. When I used sixaxis in games it actually felt fluid and simple, most of all it was fun. I don't see the attractiveness in the Wii controls, PS Move, or Kinect because it's all just too much work, a game should be enjoyable and relaxing, if you want a game to test you then just set it to a higher difficulty. The day I can't complete games without leaving the couch is the day I drop gaming as a fun thing to do.

I think it depends on the game some games might not work well with the system however others like sports games it could improve the experience of game play. Controllers are useful with some games but I've found that with others will eventually they hold you back because of limited number of movement that can be preformed sometimes I get this feeling that if I could just pick up the gun or move to a certain position the controller won't let me and shoot it myself I'd do better which is were these technologies like Wii remote or Eyetoy come into play. Right know there not good with FPS game but hopefully some day they will become developed enough so they can work with the FPS games and improve the realistic feel to them and be able to get rid of the lag feel that controllers and mouses have with them.

I think it depends on the game some games might not work well with the system however others like sports games it could improve the experience of game play. Controllers are useful with some games but I've found that with others will eventually they hold you back because of limited number of movement that can be preformed sometimes I get this feeling that if I could just pick up the gun or move to a certain position the controller won't let me and shoot it myself I'd do better which is were these technologies like Wii remote or Eyetoy come into play. Right know there not good with FPS game but hopefully some day they will become developed enough so they can work with the FPS games and improve the realistic feel to them and be able to get rid of the lag feel that controllers and mouses have with them.

I'm really not sure what you mean. In what games does the controller not allow you to pick up a gun or move a certain way? I mean if the game allows it then I don't see how the controller can hold you back. I don't know if you have a Wii but I recommend trying a game on the Wii where you can actually use one of those plastic add on toys that emulates a gun and try to play any kind of shooter with it, you will find that it doesn't feel realistic in the least.