DeathNote

Kinect for XBOX 360

Turning the screen wouldn't be hard. Waving your hand to the side of the screen to turn it (kinda like on a touch screen). Changing weapons would be easier with voice commands, but I'm sure there's a way to do it with hand motions. It would be annoying to have to actually walk/run places, especially on huge maps. :wacko:

Do you honestly think it's faster to yell out "switch to secondary weapon" than to tap 1 button? Keep in mind that these voice commands aren't something you can quickly mumble either, it has to be clear enough for the kinect to understand it.

As for turning the screen that way. It may be possible, I'm not sure since it really depends on how realistic people want the game to be. Say for example you are using a two handed gun, would you want the game to force you to hold it with two hands for realism or make a two fingers and thumb up gun out of one hand for a little more practicality? On top of that, if you need to turn to the side you are holding the gun, does that mean you need to make a gun hand with your other hand to turn? Also, just how much would the game determine how much to turn and how fast to turn? the faster you move your hand?

I think this is where microsoft fails with the Kinect. It seems to me as though they have hyped that crap out of this thing to lead people into believing that you can do anything with it. There are some things this kind of device would drastically improve and there are things that it wouldn't really be able to touch. The kind of game I personally would like to play with this kind of device is Heavy Rain.

The kind of game I personally would like to play with this kind of device is Heavy Rain.

i'm interested to hear your explanation as to why Heavy Rain

i'm interested to hear your explanation as to why Heavy Rain

I just think it would be interesting for it to actually have you perform the actions, and it's within reason. A lot of the actions performed in the game are something most gamers could probably handle, like navigating through the electric wires or pushing over a file cabinet. I just think that Heavy Rain is the kind of game that has to use it's visuals, story, dialogue to get you interested in it and I think if you were actually performing a lot of the tasks in the game it would really help the player get into it more. For example, when the detective with the glasses and gloves is in his glasses fantasy world, can't remember the names of any of this stuff, but when he is navigating through evidence, he does it in a very similar way to the way Kinect works, those parts where he is doing that would feel much more connected I think. I'll admit I haven't thought about how every little detail in the game might work with Kinect but to me it would be a great device for that game.

I just think it would be interesting for it to actually have you perform the actions, and it's within reason. A lot of the actions performed in the game are something most gamers could probably handle, like navigating through the electric wires or pushing over a file cabinet. I just think that Heavy Rain is the kind of game that has to use it's visuals, story, dialogue to get you interested in it and I think if you were actually performing a lot of the tasks in the game it would really help the player get into it more. For example, when the detective with the glasses and gloves is in his glasses fantasy world, can't remember the names of any of this stuff, but when he is navigating through evidence, he does it in a very similar way to the way Kinect works, those parts where he is doing that would feel much more connected I think. I'll admit I haven't thought about how every little detail in the game might work with Kinect but to me it would be a great device for that game.

i guess i was thinking along a different path to you i was thinking about how the latency issue would be a pain with the rapid action QTE scenes and how you would do half of them to begin with. but i can totally picture the stuff you mentioned being possible.

PS the FBI agent is called Norman Jayden

Sorry double post

appereantly you cant use kinect while sitting down. that means i have to get up and move the slider to fast forward/reverse a movie DO NOT WANT!

i was reading some news and came across this. Kinect Does Not Play Well With Couch Potatoes apparently you were right shadowtroop.

Q: Are there any games or experiences I can do while sitting on the couch?

A: Absolutely. The games and experiences are designed to be as fun to watch as they are to play-they’re designed to get you off the couch. And when you want to enjoy movies, music, and ESPN on Xbox 360, you can control your entertainment hands free from the comfort of your couch.