Gtx 260 Dying?

Sup guys. Started noticing yesterday these really wierd rope like graphic glitches following players around durning multiplayer in MW2. Then the screen would freeze and I could only recover when I cntr+alt+del to desktop and came back and that would only work every now and then. I have never had a problem with it til now. Temps enevr go above 85C, so I ran a FurMark stability test and got a Purple Screen about 30 seconds into the test. The card is a XFX Gtxo 260 core 216 Black OC edition and I havent had a lick of trouble out of it til a few days ago. The question I have is I upgraded the drivers to the latsest ones from Nvidia to try and fix the probelm, but to no avail. Is it time to retire it for another?

unless you do a clean install and stress test it then you can't rule out issues with your windows installation.

i would suggest trying it out on a friend's machine or a clean install on yours and stress testing then.

also, mw2 is not a real tough game on video cards. try a tougher game like bfbc2 or crysis warhead or metro 2033...use highest settings and play....if after 30 minutes or 60 minutes you have no issues then just do the clean install.

sometimes nvidia will break a game with a driver update, happened to me with bf2142, would suggest you check their forums also.