OC Problems

Sometimes this happens to me too,i oced my cpu to 3.5 its was rock solid stable for about 5 hours of prime , and after 3 day while the system was on idle i get a bsod so i downclocked it to 3.3 , maybe might work for u too. :popcorn:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes this happens to me too,i oced my cpu to 3.5 its was rock solid stable for about 5 hours of prime , and after 3 day while the system was on idle i get a bsod so i downclocked it to 3.3 , maybe might work for u too. :popcorn:

Figured out the problem and its strange. I usually never boot with my external drive plugged in, when the machine boots with it plugged in the OC fails. I boot without it and plug it once in windows its fine. Isn't that odd?

Occassionally external drives have a hard time running on an overclocked bus. Whats the interface between your pc and the external drive? eSata, 1394, USB?

USB......That is definitely the issue. If I don't have it plugged in on boot it is fine.

yep. suspected as much. i have less trouble with eSata external drives when o/c the bus. USB has been a problem for me in the past.

glad that you were able to get it sorted in short order.