How to downgrade Dell BIOS?

luffy

Dell GX260. Windows XP.

I just flashed the Bios to A09. Now my computer run at half speed. I want to downgrade back to A06. The problem is, when I click A06 I got the message "The current system BIOS is the same (or newer) than the version you are trying to flash".

I also took out the CMOS battery.

I have searched for 1 hours. No solution :ouch: .

I don't care what happen. I just want to get rid of A09.

Please help?

Do you know if the chip is removable ? If so you may be able to buy one withe the bios you want. I flashed my

sons computer to the wrong bios and was able the get a new one on e-bay for about 12-13 dollars including shipping.

As far as flashing to an older bios you may be S.O.L. Good luck ;)

Thanks for the reply. I don't plan to buy another chip for this computer. I'm planning to trash it. It's too old anyway.

Do you know a hard way to reset the Bios version to factory settings? I just want to clear the A09.

Will reformat hard drive help clear the A09?

nope, unfortunately the bios is stored on the motherboard itself, so reformatting the hard drive won't effect it. When you flashed it to the new bios you replaced the old one, it is no longer on the motherboard...

OK. After few hour. I success flash the Bios back to A06 with a floppy disk (spent an hour to find the floppy).

The problem now is the CPU still run at half speed. The Bus Speed suppose to be 533 MHz. It is 400MHz now. Does take the CPU out, the Bus Speed change back to 533 MHz?