OCing Help And Advice Plz =)

Hi Guys, I'm new to Overclocking and I seem to be having some trouble. I was able to Overclock my CPU by adjusting the FSB speed and did get my computer to run stable at 45-55° C, going from 2.8 to 3.1Ghz... Which i believe is good.... or at least better. But I want more =)... O.k. so the first Issue I'm having is that I cant change the Multiplier and get my computer to boot to windows. I get a "Warning! Now system is in Safe Mode" and I can press F1 to continue which just ignores the changes I made previously and my CPU wont be clocked at the speed I set, or I can press DEL and enter my BIOS again. So I've been leaving it at the default 14x and just adjusting the FBS from 200 to 222Mhz... Which works fine. Now I cant go much higher which leads to my second Issue. If I go much higher like to even 225Mhz, I start Getting a BSOD after windows loads at my desktop or when I start a game up. Does this have to do with the voltage I'm allowing it? I honestly have no idea.... The Third Issue I'm having, though I'm not sure if it really is an issue is that my CPU drops to 1000ish MHz. I'm not sure what causes it and i only notice it when I happen to look at CPU-Z right when it does it, and then it normally jump right back up to the previous setting.... I just found this odd, and haven't really notice and affect on my computer because of it... Anyways any one have any advice on how i can achieve a higher over clock? Thanks

CPUZ.png

Brisbanes are capable of 3.5Ghz. If you are getting BSOD, I recommend a few things. More voltage and back down frequencies on Ram. Lower frequencies will give you more headroom.

You need to post system specs and bios settings like voltages, frquencies, ect. helping you at this point is being blind.

I think Brisbanes are good up till 70 on load.

Edited by Drdeath

You won't go far with 8G of ram.

8GB Ram is more than enough for your overclocks. Even that is overkill. Any more and u cross into the realm or stupidity and ridiculousness.

I see these responses all of the time and they are just plain ignorant.

8GB Ram is more than enough for your overclocks. Even that is overkill. Any more and u cross into the realm or stupidity and ridiculousness.

Oh, I thought you were talking in the sense that the amount of RAM I had was hurting my OC process. Like I said I'm not to familiar with OCing and I didn't think my issue had to do with my ram, I just thought id post what I have just in case it would. Now back to my issue which has nothing to do with the amount of ram I have I assume.... And if that's asking for to much I have a floppy drive I haven't used once, I'm sure you can tell me how ridiculously stupid it was for me to spend money on something that id never use....

And if that's asking for to much I have a floppy drive I haven't used once, I'm sure you can tell me how ridiculously stupid it was for me to spend money on something that id never use....

:snap:

Notice that he has underclocked his RAM

post-31286-12737271402103_thumb.jpg