overclocking

hey i need some help trying to over-clock my intel core 2 quad 2.66 to 3.2 by increasing fort side bus to 400 and left all other voltages set to auto when i run prime95 it blue screens after 20 min do not now what is a good starting pont for voltages and setting for ram and so on i have 8 gb of ddr2 any help would be appreciated and also temps are about 70c max with 3.2 have after market cooler. just set vcore to 1.2 prime is running good left everthing else to auto no blue screen yet temps are 67 c on core 0 the rest of the cores are about 64c. prime is still running for about half and hour now all is good temp are 73c max is that ok? I know intel spec 71 c max operting temp but i am with in reason i think

Edited by thewrights

ok thanks for the tip. specs are as followed intel core 2 quad q9400 2.66 8 gb ddr2 800 mhz motherboard asus p5ql pro 250 gb segate hard drive and back up segate 500 gb hard drive msi nevida gvorce graphics card with 1gb ddr3 120mm jumbo silent rear fan 80mm side fan 450 psu rocketfish after market cooler windows 7 64 bit bios have been set to fornt side bus to 400 giving 3.2 ghz vcore set to 1.2 everthing else set to auto have been running prime95 for about one hour everthing is going good since i set vcore temp reached a max of 73c and hovers right around there. if any advice please let me know thanks

just blue screened agian after hour of prime95 i increased vcore to 1.26 and try again

my memory timing in the bios says 1st 6-6-6-18-3-52-6-3 2st is 8-3-6-4-6-4-7 and 3st is 15-5-1-7-7 have been runnig prime for over a hour no blue screen i increased my vcore to 1.26 all my other voltages inculding ram frequency is set to auto with fornt side bus set to 400 my frequency for my ram setting start at 800mhz and goes up i cant go lower unless i lower fornt side bus but like i side have set to auto right now temps got to a max of 75c but stayed aroud 70c for the most part

Edited by thewrights

I never oveclocked your platform but I will try my best to help. BSOD is generally a harware error. This is usually from a lack of voltage, or your memory. Not that your memory is bad, you may want to back the frequencies down and/or loosen timings till you find a nice overclock.

You need to publish your memory frequencies and your timings along with ALL your voltages. Anything I cannot try to help, someone in the club will be able too.

G/L :evilgrin:

my memory timing in the bios says 1st 6-6-6-18-3-52-6-3 2st is 8-3-6-4-6-4-7 and 3st is 15-5-1-7-7 have been runnig prime for over a hour no blue screen i increased my vcore to 1.26 all my other voltages inculding ram frequency is set to auto with fornt side bus set to 400 my frequency for my ram setting start at 800mhz and goes up i cant go lower unless i lower fornt side bus but like i side have set to auto right now temps got to a max of 75c but stayed aroud 70c for the most part