ATI Radeon HD 4850 overclock

Hello,

Could someone help me overclock my ATI Radeon HD 4850 (512 MB) video card? I was looking for some guides on the internet but no serious guide. If you have one I will be grateful if you post it here. Now I have installed ATI tray tools and MSI Afterburner. Ati Tool doesnt work on my pc. Witch is better to use? On another forum I found that on HD4800 series you can not increase voltage... Is that true?

Hello,

Could someone help me overclock my ATI Radeon HD 4850 (512 MB) video card? I was looking for some guides on the internet but no serious guide. If you have one I will be grateful if you post it here. Now I have installed ATI tray tools and MSI Afterburner. Ati Tool doesnt work on my pc. Witch is better to use? On another forum I found that on HD4800 series you can not increase voltage... Is that true?

You can use Catalyst Control Center(CCC). Go to ATI overdrive and unlock it. You can test settings in CCC to get a good overclock. You can increase voltage. Use GPU Tool:

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/1383/mirrors.php

You can overclock via GPU tool too. Watch your temps. I would not increase voltage unless you are watercooled.

Edited by Drdeath

use CCC ,its safer than GPU tool and easier to use.u cant overvolt 4800 series at least my old 4870 could not, its default voltage was 1.26.

it can be overvolted with GPUTool. It just doesn't save the voltages. You can overvolt GPU and memory.