Computer doesn't post on dual-channel

I got this problem several months ago and since I couldn't fix it I let it pass but now I would really like to know what the hell is causing it.

So here is the deal, I went to a friends house (like I did several times before) and brought the computer with me for some LAN fun. A couple of hours of gaming and no problems whatsoever. Everything fine till now, however, when I took the computer and brought it back home guess what? It didn't post! Everything turned on including fans at full speed but nothing more. No beeps, no anything.

Tested unplugging and plugging everything again but the problem remained. Time to check the hardware. I simply unplugged one of the memory sticks (I have 2x1gb) and everything worked. Maybe this one is faulty I taught so I swapped them but it booted again, however when I tried both dual channel configurations (1-3 and 2-4) it didn't post! Finally I tried the single-channel configurations (1-2 and 3-4) and the computer ran without any problems.

I've been using single-channel for a few months now w/o problems but even if I now try dual-channel it won't post. This is incredibly weird since all the slots and memory sticks seem to work.

Any type of help would be appreciated.

You can see my system specs on the signature.

Edited by ScapeGoat