Water Cooling Advice (Pump Recommendation)

brad257

was looking at getting this for my setup what do you guys think?

Will this have enough juice for 2 G cards and CPU

I only really want to do the G cards for now.

Also i cant really find much info on the Rad that i have can anyone tell me what sort of air flow i need for it, as i said before i was looking at 2x 120mm 90CFM cooler master fans

http://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/p/12V-Lain...ervoir_394.html

thanks guys

I'm currently using that same pump/res on my two GPU's and it's been working fine. Though I have my CPU on a seperate loop with it's own pump/rad.

Also I read that for 1/2" connections I can use 3/8" tubing and heat it up to get a tight fit? Is that correct?

Brad

You can do that, but it makes it a complete PITA to remove them (like say to replace tubing, re-plump your loop, install new hardware etc.) Plus you lose the volume capacity when going from 1/2" to 3/8" - although flow rate does improve.

If I were you and I would stick with 1/2" barbs and 1/2" i.d. tubing and use good clamps - i use regular metal hose clamps, but have even used zip ties in the past. Personally I wouldn't recommend the heat and fit method having done that myself before. Sure the hoses will never come off even without clamps - but sometimes you would like to be able to get the hoses off without having to take a box knife and cut the tubing off of the fitting...... Just my 2 cents worth.

Thanks for the help guys, I've got to RMA my RAM which i'm not happy about but when its back im gonna be setting up the water cooling and crossfire, and begin overclocking my system.

Bought it a year and a half ago and i've been moving out and had lots of stuff going on not had a chance to sit down and use it. Looking forward to learing a thing or two about overclocking.