Noctua Fans

Soulicro

Hey all,

I was thinking of replacing all the fans on my HAF 932 with Noctua 120 and 140mm fans. My goal is quiet and efficient - I'll be doing a little bit of overclocking. I hate LEDs. How will the Noctua fans hold up? Are there better fans out there in terms of sound/performance?

Thanks!

Hey all,

I was thinking of replacing all the fans on my HAF 932 with Noctua 120 and 140mm fans. My goal is quiet and efficient - I'll be doing a little bit of overclocking. I hate LEDs. How will the Noctua fans hold up? Are there better fans out there in terms of sound/performance?

Thanks!

Not much better than Noctua in my opinion. I used to use Scythe Slipstream 120mm and although their performance was good, they were a little noisy and uinfortunately the sleave bearings they use are not so good. Packed up and seized in about 8 months continuous use. Other people have said similar things.

The Noctua NF-P12 120mm fans I'm using now work just as well and are very very quiet. Down side is they are more expensive. Upside is they are trouble free and worth the bucks IMO.

I have a bunch of scythe slipstreams in my case and as dihartnell said they're a little noisy. I'll be giving the yate loon 88CFM fans a shot as case fans in my next build. I've heard a ton of good things about them, and at ~$7 a pop they're an amazing value.

However, for a balance of performance, silence, and quality in the 120 and 140mm fan categories, I really doubt there's better than the Noctua NF-P12 and NF-P14.

I have a bunch of scythe slipstreams in my case and as dihartnell said they're a little noisy. I'll be giving the yate loon 88CFM fans a shot as case fans in my next build. I've heard a ton of good things about them, and at ~$7 a pop they're an amazing value.

However, for a balance of performance, silence, and quality in the 120 and 140mm fan categories, I really doubt there's better than the Noctua NF-P12 and NF-P14.

Why are you guys comparing sleeve bearing fans ( which are inherently noisier ) with a fluid bearing fan? The better comparison is the S-Flex series which are very quiet, have excellent preassure and are about half of the cost of Noctua fans depending on the model.

Scythe has been adding to thier S-Flex family and now have very good Noctua competitors offering near the same airflow ratings with very comparable dba ratings for a fraction of the cost. Plus they are black which is just plain sexy unlike the Noctu fans which look like freaking pepto bismal.

Why are you guys comparing sleeve bearing fans ( which are inherently noisier ) with a fluid bearing fan? The better comparison is the S-Flex series which are very quiet, have excellent preassure and are about half of the cost of Noctua fans depending on the model.

Scythe has been adding to thier S-Flex family and now have very good Noctua competitors offering near the same airflow ratings with very comparable dba ratings for a fraction of the cost. Plus they are black which is just plain sexy unlike the Noctu fans which look like freaking pepto bismal.

True, but the QC for Scythe's as far as longevity has been a problem from what I read in user reviews. I have both the Noctua NF-P12 and NF-P14, and I can hardly hear them. I have a Xigmatek XLF-F1453140mm LED Case Fan (4 white LED) that I replaced on my PSU, and even though it's rated at < 15 DBA, it's still a little louder than the Noctua NF-P14.

Not much better than Noctua in my opinion. I used to use Scythe Slipstream 120mm and although their performance was good, they were a little noisy and uinfortunately the sleave bearings they use are not so good. Packed up and seized in about 8 months continuous use. Other people have said similar things.

The Noctua NF-P12 120mm fans I'm using now work just as well and are very very quiet. Down side is they are more expensive. Upside is they are trouble free and worth the bucks IMO.

One of my slipstreams seized, I just took off the sticker removed the plug and put some 3 in 1 oil down there and it has been working great ever since.