Gf Ti 4800 Gets Very Poor 3d Marks

crash

I recently upgraded my 32 MB creative anihalator, (wicked card when I got it,) to a GF 4 Ti 4800, (PNY,) 128 AGP 8x and my 3d scores are not nearly what other people are posting on forums. The lowest I've scored is 7700 and the highest is 10,700 in 3d mark 2001 se.

I have:

Asrock K7S8X w/ AMD Athlon 2100+ @ 1.83 GhZ, (100 MhZ OC)

768Mb PC 2100 DDR

AC97 sound

PNY Ti-4800 128 8X AGP w/ Thermaltake coolmod heatsink fan

53 series det drivers

Adaptec AHA-2940UW PCI SCSI Controller

3 Seagate Cheetah SCSI drives, one WD SCSI drive

Windows XP home, fully patched and updates

When I bench, the first test is always around 10,000, and then the next bench is always around 8800 - 9000. My oc's through nvidia are 297 - 332 core clock, 645 - 690 Mem. I don't get artifacts or lockups if I go above these frequencies by about 10 - 15MhZ but Windows shuts down due to "unstable GF Ti 4800"

I would really like to hit at least 12,000 3d marks, if I don't I'm gonna have to go out and spend more money 'cause right now I'm eating my dad's dust with his Athlon 64, (he's only scoring 14,000 w/GF4Ti4200)

I already have a new Mobo coming, (Chaintech 7nJs- Zenith w/Barton 2500,) but I just can't believe that 10,000 is the end of the line for this system!

Please help!!

crash

why did you do that... you could have gotten a 9600 XT that would blow that awaie.. and if your a tad as in 20 bucks more willing.. you could have gotten a 9700 pro.. that would kill that card... in a matter of seconds.. take a look at www.hardcoreware.net and check out the review of the 9700, shows the card you have gettin pawned by the 9700...

check to make shure your settings are on the lowest level.. then try again!! And up them gradually! :P

\oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooah

768Mb PC 2100 DDR

the ram.. its sucks... LAG LAG LAG LAG it says to me.. invest in some better ram and you may improve on your overall benchmarks.. a[I] TON[/i]

asus please stop bumpin the 9600xt gig, you did it in my thread, its not like this guy has an option he Aleady Has A Card!

btw crash, you ram is almost definetly holding you up, 2100 sucks, the guys who get high score have 3200 or better. Do you know what brand you have? some can oc better than others but honestly with 2100 ram you cant expect to score high unless you got an unlocked cpu and can up the multi like a mf. anyways, hope this helps, good luck with your scores! :D

I think the biggest problem here is that you are running a 2100+. 3Dmark01 is quite a bit more CPU dependent then vid card dependent as 2K3 is. Running a 266 FSB and 2100+ on an SIS chipset just isn't going to bench well. That (FSB and CPU and chipset) is your biggest drawback along with the RAM because even a possibly decent OC is ruined by the 2100 RAM. Either you buy a new mobo, Nforce2 prefferably, OC like hell and get that FSB up and use some RAM dividers until you can get some decent 3200 RAM or better.

It is benching on par with equipment listed, get a new mobo and ram and your scores will improve greatly. I am also assuming that the CPU is a tbred not a palamino core because the palamino won't OC for squat passed 2100+ speeds. Good luck on getting those scores up, hope this helped!