Systin temp

Sixotoo

I gave the northbridge a shot of canned compressed air and the temp stayed stable. When I hit the southbridge it went down a degree. It wasn't a very dramatic drop so I'm still not sure. Can anyone confirm the Sysin temp as reported in HWMonitor or Speedfan is actually the Southbridge temp? System is a i7 920 on an Asus P6T Dlx V2

Also where is the Cputin temp measured?

Edited by Sixotoo

the actual placement of the sensor vary from board to board...Google might help you find them on your current board...

Better boards have many sensors...while others dont...

I have an Epox board with sensors on everything...

Thanks, I was thinking it was a chip temp but I guess they are thermistors mounted on the motherboard itself.

I was just curious how hot my chipset and mosfets were getting since installing an H50. I saw where one person had taken the fin cooler off the top of his northbridge and put a waterblock on top of the stock copper plate and heat pipe and I was curious if that would be enough cooling for the chipset and mosfets if no other fans were installed. It seems like it would be an easy and fun mod to add a chipset loop to an H50 if only 1 extra waterblock would do the trick.