Liquid Cooling

robsamberg

Greetings,

So, I bought a cpu liquid cooling kit for my computer.

Everything's gone surprisingly well ..., so well in fact that I've decided to watercool the rest of my computer.

First of all, I bought the Swiftech H20-220 Ultima XT liquid cooling kit. I don't know how you guys feel about this kit, but it worked for me. I'd say, a nice rookie/noob liquid cooling kit.

Anyway, in the manual, it says that the included tubing is 7/16" ID (5/8" OD) tubing, but I don't think that's right. The tubing is much bigger. It seems like the tubing is much thicker than that, and I'd like to match that tubing and then get the right barbs that go with the tubing.

So, what barbs would I need to match the larger tubing that comes with the kit. And furthermore, how do I know what barbs fit a particular tubing.

If anyone has this particular cooling kit please help me explain because I seem to be doing an awful lot of mumbling here; if anyone can figure out what I'm trying to say, you rule the universe!

Thanks for the reply.

So, your're saying that if I use 7/16" tubing, then I should use the 1/2" barbs? Just making sure.

The thing is that I already installed the kit so it's difficult for me to get an accurate measurement, and there aren't any leftovers for me to measure, but I wanted to get the same measurements to add a VGA waterblock and a NB/SB waterblock.

In other words, I would like to use same size tubing and barbs I used on the Swiftech kit, but I just don't know what sizes they are.

Anyway, thanks again for your help.