noctua fans with leds

rmb938

Hi, I am looking to buy some notua fans because the stock antec 1200 ones are extemely noisy when you need good air flow. I am looking at noctua fans because of the quietness and high air flow. Only problem is I want to keep the blue leds and black case my antec fans have. So before I get into the question about modding are there blue led fans out there that are as good as nocuta's NF-P12?

I am looking at Cool Master fans because of the 69CFM and the same dBa as noctua.

Edited by rmb938

I have one of those coolermaster fans and they do move a good amount of air and are still quiet plus they aren't $20 a piece like the noctua. So IMO you should go with them, when i finally feel like messing with the rig i just got to work i'm getting those for my whole system.

I think one of the big problems with trying to find a quiet fan is the way the websites rate them.

From what I have read, the Noctua fans (120mm) pushes 53cfm @ 19dB - While your coolermaster fan pushes 69cfm @ 19dB.

The problem with the CoolerMaster Rating is they rate that 19dB at a low fan speed setting..

While I believe the Noctua fan's are 19dB at the max settings.

What I would honestly do to just save yourself the hassle is pick the fans that you want in your case.

Then pick your self up a baybus/rheostats - Hook them to your fans, and you can set them depending on your Baybus - between 5/7/12volts (Higher the Voltage the faster it spins, the more noise it makes)

The other option you have is doing an LED Mod to your fan's but that is a pain in the butt.

I also think SilenX makes some pretty quiet 120mm fans as well.. I think there rated near 14dB, most likely would not be any louder then 20dB on High.

Oh I didn't know that the cool master speed was variable thought it was always max. I also had a fan controller in my old case. It was good in that case but to me in my opinion a fan controller on the antec looks like crap because it disrupts the feel of the case.

Edited by rmb938

Oh I didn't know that the cool master speed was variable thought it was always max. I also had a fan controller in my old case. It was good in that case but to me in my opinion a fan controller on the antec looks like crap because it disrupts the feel of the case.

I don't know if the fan itself is variable: But I have read some reviews in the past that state some company's will use there fans on the 5volt line to claim there dB level.

I am not 100% sure on this. For all I know you could get the fan, and it could run at 19dB.

You could always make and incase toggle switch between 5 and 12v as well. You can just always run them at 5v. Even better just skip the switch all together and wire them up to the 5v directly.

Then they will always be quiet haha!

Oh wow that is REALLY annoying if they put it on the 5v. I will look into that. Right now I have all my fans hard wired into the 12v of my psu. Terminal Block ftw. I will look into that 5v thing that you think cool master does because I don't want to buy something and not get the air flow w/the noise it says.

Sounds good! I have always been wondering myself.

I always wanted to get a dB Reader. I am surprised I never have..

I heard it was not just Cooler master though, I heard a bunch of company's will do that sort of thing.

i have one of said cooler master 69 cfm fans in my case and it always runs at 100% and its not loud at all.. of course my 4870 drowns it out anyways and they move alot of air but thats just my opinon... plus they are PRETTY BLUE... maybe not as good as noctua but then agian.. they arent as exspensive.. they cost half as much

Hehe. Well when I get my Dark Knight heatsink in a while I am getting a noctua fan to replace that. So theres one fan lol.

Also are these any good? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16835233035

61 CFM is about the same as the noctua and <20 dBa is almost the same lol.

Edited by rmb938