Stabilizing Issues

felty04

Hey im new to building computers but recently got mine up and running with minor problems i guess anyone would get starting new. Im having trouble stabilizing my computer and am pretty sure it could be due to my memory and the bios of it. here are some cpuz shots to help u guys understand what i have. My core Speed changes from 3114mhz to 800mhz at times.

cpuzb.th.pngcpuz3y.th.pngcpuz4.th.pngcpuz2c.th.png

AMD Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition Callisto 3.1GHz AM3

GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3P AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard

OCZ AMD Black Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory

RAIDMAX SMILODON ATX-612WB530P Black 1.0mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Foldout MB Computer Case With 530W Modular LED Power

Edited by felty04

Intel CPUs have the ability to down clock when it is idle therefore lowing CPU performance and saving power. Its efficient ar saving power.

I don't know if AMD have something similar to this on there CPUs, I've never owned a desktop with a AMD CPU.

thanks for all the replies...i did run a prime95 for 8 hours and no problems....it actually runs fine besides a internet explorer problem. So im guessing its amd cool n quiet. i have gotten some blue screens though!? ie. BAD_POOL_HEADER

Edited by felty04

What are you doing when you get that blue screen? From some brief google searches to fix it depends on what is causing it, ie. opening cd drive, starting a program.

i'm pretty sure its something with internet explorer? i cant load certain websites including the Microsoft support for them to take control of my computer....i'm reinstalling windows to try and fix that problem now. i found on google a way to fix bad_pool_header through regedt32

Edited by felty04