5870 Aftermarket cooling?

PeeWee90

Hey!

Shortly after i got my XFX 5870, i decided i would trade the stock cooler for a Scythe Musashi. It fits, and should cool the GPU well, and without vaccumcleaner noise, but there is one problem;

Im not sure if the heatsinks i got with the cooler will be enough for the VRMs on my card? Some say they won't be enough and some say they will.

I could use the plate that is on there for cooling now, but that would mean alot of work and modding with a dremel, since the actual cooler is fixed to the plate, and i would prefer to avoid that.

Will the heatsinks be enough for the VRMs and other card components?

If not; is there any other solution for my problem?

Naked card:

img0050f.th.jpg

Edited by PeeWee90

Hey!

Shortly after i got my XFX 5870, i decided i would trade the stock cooler for a Scythe Musashi. It fits, and should cool the GPU well, and without vaccumcleaner noise, but there is one problem;

Im not sure if the heatsinks i got with the cooler will be enough for the VRMs on my card? Some say they won't be enough and some say they will.

I could use the plate that is on there for cooling now, but that would mean alot of work and modding with a dremel, since the actual cooler is fixed to the plate, and i would prefer to avoid that.

Will the heatsinks be enough for the VRMs and other card components?

If not; is there any other solution for my problem?

Naked card:

img0050f.th.jpg

I say you shoud buy betetr sinks

Yes, i have been trying to find some proper heatsinks here in sweden... but to no avail!

I was thinking about Enzotech heatsinks like THESE, i think they should suffice?

But these are not sold in sweden, all i can find are Zalmans crappy blue ones... Is there any store that will ship these Enzotech heatsinks to sweden for a fair price?