Watercooling intel i7 suggestions

Hi guys,

I really like this sight and i apologize if this post is a repeat, but i couldn't find anything from before in the forums on this topic.

I'd like to watercool my Intel i7 860 and my evga gtx 260 superclocked, this is my first build and haven't ever watercooled anything before so I'd appreciate your help with suggestions of what components are good and what to avoid, I don't want to buy a kit and would rather make it custom, but if you know any kits that would be good I'll take a look at them. I don't really have a budget in mind but under 300usd would be ideal, also if someone could point me toward an insanely easy step by step guide someone as foolish as myself could understand i would be grateful.

I use this computer for gaming and plan to overclock it if the cpu temperatures stay low, they seem to be fairly high for stock speeds (48c-50c idol), if you guys have any ideas on this id appreciate your suggestions on this, i have the stock cpu fan on securely and have applied thermal paste evenly over it so i'm not sure why.

Anyways thanks for your help! full specs below

My full specs are intel 17 860 cpu

intel dp55kg motherboard

corsair dominator 4gb

evga gtx 260 core 216 superclocked (planning on getting 2nd one and running 2 way sli)

antec 900 case (fans all the way up, and extra 120mm side fan)

my idol temperatures are from 48c-50c which seems high and under full load is 58-62 with no overclocking

If you look at the top of this area there is a pined post titled: Watercooling Information & Suggestions .

I would take a look at that it is very informative. :thumbs-up:

Edited by dling