ram voltage problem

hey guys i need some help with ram. the ram im using runs stable <M DDR3 10666 2GIB (1.5 volts

but the ram im testing for a diff computer running the same hardware is <M ddr3 10666 2GIBx2 (1.7 volts)

i start - run bios - select fail-safe and start it

so the ram voltage should be auto, but its unstable( very) it didnt last 1 second in occt. Do you think manually setting the ram voltage to 1.7 will fix this?

and is it dangerous to run my ram @ 1.7 with a PII x2 550 BE &GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P

Edited by personancog

It's not a problem. your failsafe setting is just trying to get the memory to run at the default voltage for the DDR3 specification.

you mem just needs more juice, it won't hurt your proc or mobo to give your memory the higher voltage it needs.

Edit: If you were running an Intel processor it may be a different story, from what I understand.

Edited by Scottike

lol yeah thats why i asked. I have heard about CI procs needing low-voltage ram and i am new to amd rigs. Dont want to send someone a faulty rig. I'm already over budget even though im paying the added money its just bad business to be over budget and defective :(