Hackers getting worse in MW2?

Krieg1337

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've gone back to playing World at War more now.

These cheaters really just ruin the game,, what a bunch of losers. It's really lame that IW and Steam don't take a more aggressive approach to this. They should have a server where you can hack if you want but keep the other ones clean.

We all know that they don't even care, and I doubt its going to change (unless everyone sells their consoles and buys a pc). Just deal with it until Bad Company 2 releases, maybe the shift of crowd towards Bad Company 2 might make them consider dedicated servers. One can hope....

It seems like every game there is at least one hacker(From Level hacking to aimbotting and even some wallhackers). Wallhackers and aimbotters are usually every other game while Level hackers are usually every game). Any one else(On PC) noticing this?

Since I don't play the PC version, please explain:

- Level hacking

- Wallhacking, and

- Aimbotting?

On the 360 people found they can run super fast with a Care Package so they are running around with Marathon, Light Weight and a Care Package in their hands knifing people. They may have patched that though because I didn't see anyone do it the last couple times I logged on. But I also think people have found a way to glitch the Care Package. I see people with a crap load of deaths calling in Harrier after Harrier, then AC-130s and Chopper Gunners. I've never seen so many Pavelows, Harriers, Chopper Gunners and AC-130s as I have the last couple weeks. On those matches, litterally there is something up in the sky the whole freaking match. Those matches really freaking blow.

I also saw (on kill cam) someone getting me from BELOW the floor on the Underpass stage ...yah, that was cool. <_<

And there are some people, and its only on those people no else on their team, where I'll start lagging when I put my crosshairs over them. Thankfully those people suck

Since I don't play the PC version, please explain:

- Level hacking

- Wallhacking, and

- Aimbotting?

On the 360 people found they can run super fast with a Care Package so they are running around with Marathon, Light Weight and a Care Package in their hands knifing people. They may have patched that though because I didn't see anyone do it the last couple times I logged on. But I also think people have found a way to glitch the Care Package. I see people with a crap load of deaths calling in Harrier after Harrier, then AC-130s and Chopper Gunners. I've never seen so many Pavelows, Harriers, Chopper Gunners and AC-130s as I have the last couple weeks. On those matches, litterally there is something up in the sky the whole freaking match. Those matches really freaking blow.

I also saw (on kill cam) someone getting me from BELOW the floor on the Underpass stage ...yah, that was cool. <_<

And there are some people, and its only on those people no else on their team, where I'll start lagging when I put my crosshairs over them. Thankfully those people suck

I've never really seen running with a care package as cheating. If it is why don't they just patch it already.

Sometimes its really hard to differentiate what is cheating and what isn't.

with a PC graphics card putting certain settings on minimum or by using programs that might remove textures you can see through walls and shoot people

so if you were hiding around a corner or near a window the enemy would know exactly where you are

in one of the older War sim games u could shoot through the wall with a certain gun, dont remember what game it was but its similar to MW2 and it had the replay cam so you could see people cheating.

if you cant figure out what an aimbot is i hope you are surfing the web on your PS3.

with a PC graphics card putting certain settings on minimum or by using programs that might remove textures you can see through walls and shoot people

so if you were hiding around a corner or near a window the enemy would know exactly where you are

in one of the older War sim games u could shoot through the wall with a certain gun, dont remember what game it was but its similar to MW2 and it had the replay cam so you could see people cheating.

if you cant figure out what an aimbot is i hope you are surfing the web on your PS3.

Thanks for the clarification on the wall hacking.

Your last sentence however is stupid ...even for a put down. Consoles have auto-aim on the campaign missions (if you choose to have it on - i turn it off) but I don't know of a PC FPS that has auto-aim nor have I heard of a tool/utility that does it for you. Since I never seen it before, I just wanted clarification on it. (e.g. how he spotted it)

'Care packaging' was more like an abuse rather than cheating... and it has been patched, just like those stupid akimbo model 1887s

I call sploiters cheaters too ...but thats just my personal opinion.

Finding exploits in games is what makes you a pro though.. Taking every advantage possible, w/o modifing the game or input--if you get what I'm trying to say..

For example, take the M16 (MW2), that thing kills in 1 burst to the chest with FMJ and Stopping power--that is abuse, rather than cheating... If you can beat guys that use that, then you are more skilled.

IMO

Edited by Ph4n

Finding exploits in games is what makes you a pro though.. Taking every advantage possible, w/o modifing the game or input--if you get what I'm trying to say..

For example, take the M16 (MW2), that thing kills in 1 burst to the chest with FMJ and Stopping power--that is abuse, rather than cheating... If you can beat guys that use that, then you are more skilled.

IMO

I agree you really can't call someone a cheater just because they use a combination of weapons / perks. They are in the game so that you can find what works for you and when you succeed at that some want to call you a cheater. It's up to the developers to keep the game balanced and when it isn't people are going to use the better ones.

Just like marty. I never understood why people get mad about using it. Its part of the game. In MW1 and WAW I just learned to get away from people after I shoot them.

I think boosting is fine when done in the right environment. In WAW I lost my game save so I went to a dedicated server set up for boosting to level up fast and get back to where I was. As long as people are doing it in private matches and stuff then I think its cool. But when people boost in a public game and then get a nuke and end the whole game,,,, well those people should be castrated and Steam and IW should be slapped for not preventing it

I personally wont be buying another COD title that doesn't have dedicated servers as they seemed to keep better control on this and the ones that didn't I just wouldn't play in.

And a Kick Vote system would be a godsend.

Seems that IW is just too busy working on their next installment to bother perfecting the one they have out already

Edited by feetfats

IMO

Not really, that's like saying Headshots are OP.

The 3-Round burst guns (FAMAS/M16-A4) are so effective not only because of the damage of the rounds but because they are so accurate. There is a LOT less kick from a 3-Round burst gun. It only seems like other guns (say the Scar-H and TAR) are less powerful when they aren't - more of your rounds miss on those guns. Try sniping across the map with a M16, than try with a TAR. There is a very good reason the M16-A4 is standard issue. :)

That stuff is actually programmed into the game for the skilled players to take advantage of. I seriously doubt the programmers planned for people to run at Mach Speed holding a care package. Besides FMJ sucks something hardcore - it increases the kick making the shots far more inaccurate. I have to put a silencer on with FMJ to reduce the kick.

Finding exploits may make you "pro" :rolleyes: but using them make you suck. Take away those exploits and those people ALWAYS suck. All the good players I've run across don't sploit. The people I've found sploiting started doing it after their butt was getting rolled match after match. I refuse to call them pro.