need help with overclocking (got a new board)

4lc4pon3

ok the pci-e was on auto I locked it at 100 i set the cpu to this

Set the FSB to the default 200.

Frequency Multiplier : 17 (3400mhz)

Quiet and cool: Disabled

Voltage 1.4V

intelburn test is failing @ 1.375V for 3.4ghz. i set the voltage to 1.4V and 3.4ghz passed.

Edited by 4lc4pon3

Did you disable C1e and spread spectrum? Be sure to set ACC to Auto or +2-4 (all cores).

If you have it, set HPET to enabled.

Have you run memtest on your memory yet, to be sure that it's stable where it's set?

More specs on your system will result in better answers, as we will then have a better idea

as to what's going on.

I agree, 1.4 is a lot of juice to reach 3.4. I suppose if the 4th core is unlocked, it could take more to get things stable. I was hoping point some out ways he might be able to increase stability and/or lower voltage. Perhaps a little bump in cpu/nb voltage might help also. But it may just be the nature of the beast, if the 4th core is unlocked.

sorry guys been pretty busy with my new rig and looking for work here is an update. i noticed my BIOS was really out of date so once i updated the Bios things have been going smoother. Also my 4th core is not stable no matter what i do. it doesnt matter what voltage from 1.312 to 1.45V to fails no matter what. so i Disabled my 4th period

ok i wanted to take my x3 720 2.8 to 3.2 because i saw that 2.8 was holding up my system a bit. here are the settings. I also noticed that going from 2.8 to 3.2 my system while gaming shows alot of extra performance that 2.8 wasnt giving me

Set the FSB to the default 200.

Frequency Multiplier : 16 (3200mhz)

PCI-E - 100

Quiet and cool: Disabled

Voltage 1.35V Stable (This is running prime95 for 8 hours and Intelburn test 2.4 Ran 50 tests Stable.

Temps idle are 28 and dont reach anything over 36 even after 8 hours.

Now what are some other settings I should Consider for even better performance.

My Rig

Haf 922

Phenom II x3 720 (3.2GHZ)

OCZ Gold 4GB (2 x 2GB) (10666) 1333 - 9 9 9 20

GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3P 770

Samsung F3 500

LG DVD Burner

Corsair 750TX

XFX 5850

COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus

Samsung 2333SW

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit