new motherboard needed

mab223

currnetly using a e8400 would like to use this on new board.

must have xfire anduse ddr3

anything out there

Can u give us your full specs on your current set up? I don't suggest that you use a e8400 on a ddr3 compatible mobo because there will be a performance decrease compared to you using a i7 with addr3 board, its just not worth it. stay with ddr2 for now

Can u give us your full specs on your current set up? I don't suggest that you use a e8400 on a ddr3 compatible mobo because there will be a performance decrease compared to you using a i7 with addr3 board, its just not worth it. stay with ddr2 for now

my setup

dfi blood iron p35-t2rl

e8400

4gb ocz reaper pc2-8500

hd4890

hyper 630m psu

watercooled gpu cpu. swiftech

thermaltake shark case

my setup

dfi blood iron p35-t2rl

e8400

4gb ocz reaper pc2-8500

hd4890

hyper 630m psu

watercooled gpu cpu. swiftech

thermaltake shark case

i could sell the mboard, cpu, and ram and upgrade to a new setup

I am also looking for a similar board. My current set up is:

Q8400 processor overclocked to 3.3ghz cooled with a n620

gigabyte g31m-es2l rev2.0,

4gb ddr2 1066mhz (but currently at 1000)

radeon 5750 graphics card (want to run this xfire)

enermax module82+ 526W.

Whenever I try to raise the FSB above 430 the computer locks up and resets the bios, tried raising voltage and temperature is fine (barely reaching 55 degrees full load at the moment) so I presume its the limits of the motherboard. Should I sell my components and just do a full upgrade as well?

Edited by teihoata

I am also looking for a similar board. My current set up is:

Q8400 processor overclocked to 3.3ghz cooled with a n620

gigabyte g31m-es2l rev2.0,

4gb ddr2 1066mhz (but currently at 1000)

radeon 5750 graphics card (want to run this xfire)

enermax module82+ 526W.

Whenever I try to raise the FSB above 430 the computer locks up and resets the bios, tried raising voltage and temperature is fine (barely reaching 55 degrees full load at the moment) so I presume its the limits of the motherboard. Should I sell my components and just do a full upgrade as well?

Have you tried updating the bios? Call gigabyte for technical support and if that doesn't fix it maybe its a defective board.

Have you tried updating the bios? Call gigabyte for technical support and if that doesn't fix it maybe its a defective board.

Yup got the latest bios installed, do you think it could be defective? Are other people with the same board achieving higher results in terms of overclocking the FSB?

Do you think its worth swapping out the ddr2 and going for a ddr3? I read the performance differences at the moment arent worth the upgrade.

Could you have reached the limits of your memory and or processor?

I was able to to take an e6600 CO stepping and an ASUS P5K-SE(cheap motherboard) with 667 PNY memory (good Memory) And reach a one time 4.0.

Now That same e6600 is running at 3.9 on an EVGA 790i with 1333 Crucial Ballistix memory.

Could you have reached the limits of your memory and or processor?

I was able to to take an e6600 CO stepping and an ASUS P5K-SE(cheap motherboard) with 667 PNY memory (good Memory) And reach a one time 4.0.

Now That same e6600 is running at 3.9 on an EVGA 790i with 1333 Crucial Ballistix memory.

Well I doubt it, the processor runs fine at stock voltages with a FSB of 425 or lower and has low heat at full load and runs for hours on prime95. The ram is the Adata Extreme Edition ddr2 4GB rated at 1066mhz and it barely even touches that, not overclocking the ram so the voltages should be fine at stock right. I have also tried setting the PCIE to 100 (read it somewhere) and setting a lower ram multiplier so it doesn't reach as high with a high fsb. Also once I go to 430 or over I cant seem to change any options in the bios after the failure to load as it freezes when I start navigating through the bios, I have to switch it off at the power point and wait a minute or two before switching it on which then allows me to navigate the bios.. Maybe I do have a broken board.

Do you guys think the p5q pro will be a good upgrade board for now?

Edited by teihoata